Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better One-Two Punch

Go down 
+12
Heavy Metal Ninja
BearOnUnicycle
nevermore
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
Highway Star
MoonChild
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
16 posters

Better One-Two?
Dark Side Of The Moon/Wish You Were Here
Better One-Two Punch Vote_lcap84%Better One-Two Punch Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
Animals/The Wall
Better One-Two Punch Vote_lcap16%Better One-Two Punch Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Better One-Two Punch Empty
PostSubject: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Between 1973 & 1979 Pink Floyd released what are arguably their most well-known albums of their storied career; Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals & The Wall. Two of those albums are in my top three Pink Floyd fave albums so I figured I'd do a poll!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:54 pm

I had to go with Dark Side and Wish. I am torn between Wish and Animals but Wish slightly beats Animals for me and Dark Side is better than The Wall which IMO is the weakest effort of the four.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Meddle for the win!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Meddle for the win!!!

I agree but Meddle isn't listed. My top 3 are : 1.Meddle 2. Wish You Were Here 3. Animals
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:05 pm

akeldama wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Meddle for the win!!!

I agree but Meddle isn't listed. My top 3 are : 1.Meddle 2. Wish You Were Here 3. Animals
I know, it should have been. The Wall is great, but is out of place in this poll when comparing the other three albums imo.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Well as I said before I was going for what is arguable their most well-known albums. I wanted to do one that included Meddle and Obscured By Clouds which is another great album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Obviously "Dark Side Of The Moon/Wish You Were Here"
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 pm

I went with Darkside as well
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Very tough call, as The Wall holds so many memories for me [Midnight movies anyone?]. But Wish You Were Here is my fav Floyd. So, gotta go with it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Very tough call, as The Wall holds so many memories for me [Midnight movies anyone?].  But Wish You Were Here is my fav Floyd.  So, gotta go with it.
Yeah same here, cept Meddle is my favorite. The Wall was my true introduction to Pink Floyd. Me and my cousin tried to sneak in the movie while at the theater. Got caught and kicked out. Never paid much attention to them after that, until I saw a video rental of it years later. Was hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm

I went with Animals/The Wall. The former is my favorite PF album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Oh man, this one is tough!  I need to come back to it.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Wish You Were Here is my favorite, so I gotta go with the first choice!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

It's difficult for me because Animals is my favorite Floyd album but while I can acknowledge that The Wall is great, it was just soooooo overplayed that I'm sick to death of it.  I have a similar dilemma with the Dark Side / Wish pairing.  Dark Side was just beat into the ground by FM rock stations when I was growing up so like The Wall, even though I love it, I'm also sick to death of hearing it.

In the end I guess I'm going with the one with Animals because as I said, it's my favorite Floyd album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 8:09 pm

I'm going with Dark/Wish. Wish You Were Here is my favorite PF album.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Wish is my absolute favorite, then Animals. Not a big fan of either The Wall and Dark Side, so how to vote is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Metal Ninja
Metal novice
Metal novice
Heavy Metal Ninja

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am

nevermore wrote:
I'm going with Dark/Wish. Wish You Were Here is my favorite PF album.

Me too

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm another who votes Wish as my favorite.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Kinda conflicted on this one. Wish and Animals are my 2 favorites. Went with Dark/Wish I guess.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 pm

I Cant answer this poll because thats like asking whats my favorite finger is

its ALL good
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Yeah this was a tough poll.  I'm kinda surprised the results are so lopsided though.  I wonder how it would have been if the pairings had been Wish/Wall vs Animals/Dark Side.  I think my favorite Floyd album was paired with the weak link.  lol!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 6:20 pm

They were supposed to be chronologically paired and of course it was to be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better One-Two Punch   Better One-Two Punch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better One-Two Punch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: