Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to *this* Warrior?

Go down 
+7
Hadley
Dark Horseman
Highway Star
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
glassprison
11 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

What happened to *this* Warrior?  Empty
PostSubject: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 4:16 am

What happened to *this* Warrior?  R-5151502-1385901058-4934.jpeg

According to Ult's review on NLTM the band was in existence for over a decade by the time they released The Battle Has Started in 2004. I have to imagine that the only sales of the album came from Tad's presence on the old Christian Metal Realm forum though. And those couldn't have been helped by his tendency, as I recall, to pick fights with anyone who spoke negatively of the band.

Anyone have the scoop on what happened to this act? When did they finally realize that nobody was actually going to take this stuff seriously?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 7:39 am

The last time his name came up was some time ago, when he threatened Tom G. Warrior of Celtic Frost with legal action over his use of the "Warrior" name, haha.
Aside from that I would imagine that he's drifted off into well deserved obscurity.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 7:58 am

Quote :
when he threatened Tom G. Warrior of Celtic Frost with legal action over his use of the "Warrior" name, haha

lol! I missed that ordeal. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 am

Here's the thread about it. Sherman, set the Way-Bac Machine to 2009!

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t9175-remember-tad-i-want-a-walmat-girl-warrior-he-s-at-it-again

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 9:12 am

Nice, thanks for digging up this classic thread! I'm sad that I missed it back then!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 am

Strange how this thread pops up. I was listening to the other Warrior (the one who released Fighting for the Earth) yesterday evening after work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 am

"Featuring the Hit Song- I want a Walmart Girl"

Going by his logic, he should be expected to be sued for payments by Walmart any day now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am

Highway Star wrote:
"Featuring the Hit Song- I want a Walmart Girl"

Going by his logic, he should be expected to be sued for payments by Walmart any day now.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Hopefully wandering the halls of Wal Mart trying to find the exit.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

A piss poor novelty act ? Not even worth anyone's time.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Checking Metal Archives, I find at least 5 bands named Warrior (including one who formed in 1979). and this guy's band wasnt any of them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 pm

This guy and his band were a complete bad joke....not worth mentioning ever again.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Just heard the Wal-Mart song... sounds like Pet Cemetery era Ramones.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm

As it turns out they are still doing live shows in Houston:

https://www.reverbnation.com/taddonley/videos
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm

I remember the song but never bothered to listen to it. Had no idea about the threat of suits. So is he going to sue Ultimate Warrior's widow Dana Warrior for use of the name? Jim Helwig (Ultimate Warrior) legally changed his first and last name to "Warrior Warrior". Very strange. All these years later I still won't bother to play that song. I'm positive there is better music out there I haven't heard yet.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 am

glassprison wrote:
As it turns out they are still doing live shows in Houston:

https://www.reverbnation.com/taddonley/videos

Just checked out the link... they're like a bad high school talent show band (except old).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 pm

Man, it's gotta suck to play live in front of a drum kit but not actually have a drummer. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 9:36 am

They had a drummer, but he spontaneously combusted
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 am

Troublezone wrote:

How dare you insult the Ramones like that!! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

How dare you insult the Ramones like that!! Laughing very hard

I'm sure they're turning in their graves. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to *this* Warrior?    What happened to *this* Warrior?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to *this* Warrior?
Page 1 of 1