Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Empty
PostSubject: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:01 am

One of my guilty pleasure bands, I like most of what John Waite did.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 am

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I ever heard a Babys tune. I remember one of my older siblings had Head First on vinyl but I know I never gave it a spin. I'd have to do a little digging to see if any of the those tunes (or others) would ring a bell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 1:09 pm

I heard of them, but I checked a few tracks and can honestly say I don't recognize a single note. And not particularly anxious to start.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 1:24 pm

I love them. I recently bought all their albums. A very underrated band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Yep! I love them. I loved the mix of rock, horns and female backing vocals. Even though a lot of their songs sound basically the same I still dig them. I played the crap out of "Union Jacks" when I was in college. I always had to play "Midnight Rendezvous" all the way through the fadeout because of the F-bomb that's there.

But I absolutely hated John Waite solo and even more with Bad English.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Waite solo has some good moments and I knew you'd hate Bad English due to the Journey connection. Razz
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Like the Babys? I LOVE the Babys and I'm a huge John Waite fan! Funny enough, a few years ago, I was one of the original architects on their Wiki page.

This is probably one of my favorite tunes that doesn't get talked about.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 pm

I used to hear "Head First" a lot a few years back on a classic rock station on satellite. Always liked JW's voice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 am

Union Jack is a good song and he does have a good voice.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Until he joined Bad English.  Then his voice became nails on a blackboard.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 pm

You're biased due to the Journey connection. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

No doubt.  But good grief I hated Bad English as much as I hate Journey.  Maybe more because I really liked The Babys but I've always hated Journey.  John Waite went over to the "dark side".

PostSubject: Re: It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?   It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a stretch but anyone like The Babys?
Page 1 of 1