Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet Squirrel!

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 pm

He's about 1 year old (we don't know for sure since he was a stray).  I adopted him from the "cat division" of my friend who runs a pit bull rescue group, same place I got Godiva. 

Meet Squirrel! Dscn0011

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 pm

And here's why he's called Squirrel:

Meet Squirrel! Dscn0012

He weighs all of 7.5 pounds.  Tux weighed 13.5 and Loosie is pushing 17 so Squirrel is tiny.  His blood work came back "perfect" according to my vet so I began introductions today.  Amusingly, Loosie is afraid of him.  But their intros are already miles ahead of where the Tux/Loosie intros were.  That took a month.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39718

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm

He's a pretty cat. Looks like a combo of our 2 cats, Wally (orange and white) and Grayson (long haired silver tabby).

Last edited by 007 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Other then being a long hair he's cool.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

It didn't dawn on me right away until I was watching him Sunday after I brought him home.  I've never seen a cat with that much orange fur that wasn't striped like "Morris".  Squirrel's orange is solid until you get to his tail.

And yeah, I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in hair now since both Loosie and Squirrel are long-haired cats.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 pm

007 wrote:
He's a pretty cat. Looks like a combo of our 2 cats, Wally (orange and white) and Grayson (long haired silver tabby).

You should post some pics of your cats 007.  I didn't even know you had any.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39718

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

You should post some pics of your cats 007.  I didn't even know you had any.

If I can remember how to post pics. I have 3 cats, the aforementioned 2 plus a black female named Panther.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

I love black cats.

Squirrel's "roommate" at Petco was a black cat named "Chloe".

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks.

Poor Squirrel was found as a stray by the local "Animal Protection Agency".  He was scheduled to be euthanized simply because he had ear mites.  I get it; the government-run shelters just don't have the room for all the stray animals but c'mon, ear mites?  That's a cheap medicine consisting of a drop or two a day for a few days.  Thankfully my friend's wife has connections with the APA and one of them called her about Squirrel.

Now 2 months later Squirrel won the cat lottery and he lives with me.  Laughing

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 am

Pretty cat Toho. I like the long haired cats. We've got an orange striped long hair named Garfield. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 am

Cool cat! Love the big poofy tail.
When my wife and I first moved in together in the mid 90s she had a long hair cat ("Lester") who had a big fluffy tail like that. He was my feline homey. I miss that big lug.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:53 am

Last cat we had here was a Chimaira calico with long hair and we're still finding fur in the corners.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in fur. Loosie is a giant Maine Coon and now Squirrel with his long hair too

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Congrats. I'm sure he'll love living in your home.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Yep.  I keep saying that in the next life I want to come back as one of my cats.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks everyone.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm

We had two burmillas while I was growing up (a cross between a burmese and chinchilla persian) - even though their fur was short and smooth, it came off them in shocking quantity, especially as they got older - the male, Hannibal, was the most laid-back thing I'd ever seen, you could really do anything to him, haha - his personality was completely anti-feline.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 1:14 pm

That's sort of how Tux used to be before he got diabetes.  So mellow he adapted to three different housemate cats over the years.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

congrats!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Let them both loose today.  It went pretty well, in fact they're both still loose.  Squirrel just needs to learn when to chill.

Meet Squirrel! Dscn0013

And he's learning.  Loosie's bopped him on the head frequently and hissed at him so Squirrel is learning where the boundaries are.  But I even ran to the store for about 30 minutes with both of them loose and when I got back there was no bloodshed.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm

They've been together for most of the last two days.  I still put him in his room overnight but during the day it's exactly like this:

Squirrel follows Loosie EVERYWHERE.  She'll play with him for a little while but then bops him on the head.  And she weighs almost 17 pounds while he only weighs 7.5 so the visual totally fits.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 5:55 pm

I took down the vinyl cube maze I had setup in the dining room for years because most of the cat fights seemed to be starting there.  Things have been a lot more peaceful since.  I took this pic today:

Meet Squirrel! Dscn0111

Notice the clean carpet? That's because of the 5th annual Toho Christmas carpet cleaning.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Got a cat in August we named Claude. I can’t post pics at the moment for some reason but he’s white exceptbhis tail is black, his ears are dark grey and he has a perfect raccoon mask over both eyes. He’s pretty awesome and he likes for me to nuzzle him like a cat.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:44 am

Claude, after the old Loony Tunes cat?

Meet Squirrel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Squirrel!   Meet Squirrel! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Squirrel!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next