Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P: K.F.D.

Go down 
+7
Witchfinder
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
glassprison
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 am

I have long avoided this album due to bad reviews. Having finally purchased it at a good price, i must say i am shocked. This is one true gem.

What do you have to say about K.F.D.?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 am

I'll need to listen to that one again. I think I heard it once in full about four years ago or so. I can't remember anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:36 am

I love W.A.S.P. but I didn't dig K.F.D. at all. Traded it away years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 am

It's an ok album. It has that weird fuzzy/industrial-like sound to it which kind of bogs it down for me. I do think that album closer The Horror is a great tune, though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am

Took me a long time, and many listens, to appreciate it. Now I love it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 am

A coincidence that just today I read the part in Bruce Dickinson's book where he talks about Blackie Lawless, and this particular album. Nothing too funny, just that it seems Bruce didn't really think much of Blackie or the horror gimmicks of WASP. He witnessed the police in LA taking Blackie's pig away (which he might have been planning on sacrificing on stage or not), and then opened the interview (Bruce was working for BBC) with "So, the pigs took your pig?".
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 am

I hated it when it came out because of it's pseudo Marilyn Manson production sheen.  The live versions of the KFD tracks on Double Live Assassins are much better.  If this album didn't have the crap production it would have sold much better and helped them re-establish themselves.

Compare this:

To this:

I also got to see them on this tour with Motorhead.  In fact, the show I saw was the one which ultimately led to the cancellation of the tour (with only a few weeks left) due to Blackie being a jackass and throwing a temper tantrum on stage. Good times!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

That^. Trying to be something they weren't.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm

That live WASP album is really good. Now that i have completed their entire studio albums in my collection, i will invest into those live albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm not a big fan of this album. I still own it but haven't listened to it in ages.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:34 pm

I agree with Witchy. The Double Live Assassins versions of K.F.D. tracks are superior to the album versions

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 pm

I listened to it again last night. I don't mind their flirtation with the industrial style. What is kind of annoying is how the songs comprising the first half of the album (at least) seem to have been written very much in the classic WASP style and then the band just added all of the digital elements and industrial drumming, etc. They sound more like bad remixes than songs that were specifically crafted for that style.

Things kind of change towards the end of the album though, and I will admit that tracks like "U" are pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 1:18 am

I think that, with a better production, this album will be better received by fans. It really has lots of potential.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:02 am

It's more like KFC these days...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 am

When I first picked up that particular album, I was still kinda into Marilyn Manson, so the industrial leanings didn't bother me. It's a good album, but does sorta stick out as a bit of a misstep for Blackie.

I do agree that the songs, when stripped down to bare bones on the Double Live Assassins album, sound like classic WASP.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 am

Witchfinder wrote:

I also got to see them on this tour with Motorhead.  In fact, the show I saw was the one which ultimately led to the cancellation of the tour (with only a few weeks left) due to Blackie being a jackass and throwing a temper tantrum on stage. Good times!

I was supposed to see that tour. Seeing Motorhead again was always a plus and I was pumped to see WASP for the first time ever. Even had my tickets when everything went tits-up. Stupid Blackie!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's more like KFC these days...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P: K.F.D.   W.A.S.P: K.F.D. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P: K.F.D.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-