Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Hey folks. I have posted another NWOBHM interview at The Metal Blog Of Metal and this time it's with Bob Mayo of Wargasm. Check it out and thanks for reading!

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2017/10/i-breathe-fire.html
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3887

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 pm

I had no idea you had a blog! Very cool so far! Keep up the great job you are doing!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 12:01 pm

" Bob: That was really a magic time for metalheads!
The one place that sold all of these records was about 40 miles North in Saugus, MA,
called Rockit Records; we used to drive up there once or twice a month
and spend tons of money buying up all this stuff.
It really was exciting, discovering new bands all the time. "

I can super-relate to Bob's fond thoughts. I'm from Massachusetts. LOVED Rockit Records !
There on Route One. They even sold VHS bootleg concerts. Buttons. Patches. Posters. Cassettes.
WERS " Nasty Habits ", a college radio show on Sundays, would even advertise the store.
I do remember MANIAC - and then they changed their name for some reason to WARGASM.
Everyone was jealous that they got a label recording deal - but excited for them too.
They were definitely the heaviest in Boston. Meliah Rage was up there too. Steel Assassin.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Last edited by Glower on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Neat-O!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm   Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Bob Mayo of Wargasm
Page 1 of 1