Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review

Go down 
+4
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Glenn Rogers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Here is a link to a review of the record/cd

http://hmmagazine.com/dvanpelt/deliverance-subversive-kind/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 7:01 pm

happy happy happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 1:42 am

Can't wait to hear it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 am

If this album is even close to what DvP is expounding? I am in. I am hoping for a "New Age of Terror"-like effort on this. Yes, a boy can dream.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Screen10
Soooo, I got my digital copy! Honestly, I can't argue with this review. It's stinking heavy and rifftastic from beginning to end, and it definitely harkens back to D's early days.

Also.....this shirt is badass!
Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review 20171210

Last edited by bgsully on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 pm

I have to wait until general release. I'm hearing it's only a half hour long.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I have to wait until general release. I'm hearing it's only a half hour long.

Yup. It clocks in at 31:01
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:02 am

I'm disappointed in that, seems more like an EP.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm disappointed in that, seems more like an EP.

Several metal classic albums are barely 30 minutes long.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Reign In Blood was 28 minutes and change.

Just sayin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm just sayin' i'm disappointed it's so short. We don't get much music from them these days. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 am

I haven't purchased any of the post speed/thrash metal albums from the band that earned the right (early on) to simply be called "Big D" by their brilliant early work. I will be listening to the new one tomorrow in hopes that it truly does live up to the "Return to form," "Thrash is back," "Reign in Blood" billing. Really hoping to hear something fast, furious and intricate with those WAJ guitar tones (i.e., similar to "Pseudo Intellectual" musically).

I would also love to see Jimmy, Glenn and the fellas write the next thrash album with some of that early infectious combination of speed and melody. So, out of curiosity, I went back to listen to a couple up-tempo songs from their last one, "Hear What I Say." I was thinking that perhaps Jimmy could no longer sing that way. I was pleasantly surprised. Wow! Jimmy sounded absolutely fantastic on "Where Eagles Dare." Far better than the original IMO. He sounded fantastic. I also liked the melodic piano intro (Liber III) that led into the one other song that I enjoyed, "The Annals of Subterfuge." Jimmy really sounded good on that one as well (nice combination of melody and aggression). His singing voice (melodic hooks), mixed with the fast and furious playing, is what made D so special to begin with. In fact, I think the current lineup has all the pieces in place to take the melodic thrash route next time out. To this day, the hook laden S/T never gets old IMO, regardless of how much it is played. Would absolutely love to see Glenn back in the writing mix with Jimmy next time out.

That said, hoping for some more of this when I listen to the new one tomorrow (i.e., "Too hard to play!") Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soo_S5hRbXo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review   Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance The Subversive Kind Review
Page 1 of 1