Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Numenor - Chronicles (2017)

Go down 
+3
Gilbert
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Empty
PostSubject: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm

#5 of my Stormspell Records Six-Pack:

NUMENOR - Chronicles

Numenor - Chronicles (2017) 13675415_f520

A Serbian quintet playing slightly blackened symphonic power metal obsessed with all things Tolkien. Fans of Blind Guardian, Battlelore, Bal-Sagoth, etc., have at it.

Review at my blog:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Numenor-Chronicles-2017-Album-Review

"Heart of Steel" on YouTube:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:41 pm

That sure does smack of Blind Guardian - they even pronounce it as "I-Ron Hill" a la Time Stands Still from "Nightfall In Middle Earth"

Not really my thing anymore but that's still a good listen especially if you're into power metal.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
asgard1980
Metal novice
Metal novice
asgard1980

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Yeah,

thats great news. I own the Colossal Darkness and the Sword And Sorcery album. On Colossal Darkness they have elements of the music of Summoning from Austria. Very epic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/asgard1980
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Not bad, only problem I have with Stormspell is the bands all sound like someone else.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 am

I think this is a global problem with like 95% of the new bands Smile. Personally I'd always prefer to listen to a band that worships something good and classic from the 80s, rather than to a highly innovative Djent played on 17-string bass guitar, but that's my personal preference of course. So yeah, I totally get you and agree with you. After all we are old farts stuck in the past (Stormspell's moto, if anyone doesn't know) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 am

stormspell wrote:
highly innovative Djent played on 17-string bass guitar

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Numenor - Chronicles (2017)   Numenor - Chronicles (2017) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Numenor - Chronicles (2017)
Page 1 of 1