Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17

Go down 
+2
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Empty
PostSubject: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 WBM17Euro300

Chastain is sort of re-releasing We Bleed Metal, but only the vocals and drums remains.  Everything else is entirely new.  That's weird, but David Chastain explains why in this interview:

http://www.rockarena.co.uk/?p=17451
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm

I haven't nth even had a chance to pick up the original yet. Guess I can get them both one of these days soon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm

[size=36]The only chastain album i own is ruler of the wasteland. Need to check out more of their albums.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 am

Gilbert wrote:
[size=36]The only chastain album i own is ruler of the wasteland. Need to check out more of their albums.[/size]
Yes you do! The first five are absolute must haves in every collection. The other ones aren't bad either, but man, those first ones are great. And if you like instrumental music, you can't really go wrong with the David T Chastain solo albums either. I only have three of those, but they are really good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Yes you do! The first five are absolute must haves in every collection. The other ones aren't bad either, but man, those first ones are great. And if you like instrumental music, you can't really go wrong with the David T Chastain solo albums either. I only have three of those, but they are really good.

They should make a box set, and maybe then I'd bite.

I like what I know from Chastain, but not enough to get them all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Good to know. Will check out some samples then before ordering from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I have the original, and I like it just fine. I don't think I'll be buying this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I have the original, and I like it just fine. I don't think I'll be buying this.
If it were just re-recorded versions of the songs, i wouldn't even consider it. But sounds like it's new music using the same singing. Not exactly sure how that can happen, since the singing usually follows the guitar, but it might be good. Since I'm slacking on the original still, I'll probably pick them both up at the same time when I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 am

I love Chastain, but this is dumb. I'll get it if I see it cheap/used...but that's about it. He only did it cuz he's bored. Haha!

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
If it were just re-recorded versions of the songs, i wouldn't even consider it. But sounds like it's new music using the same singing. Not exactly sure how that can happen, since the singing usually follows the guitar, but it might be good. Since I'm slacking on the original still, I'll probably pick them both up at the same time when I get around to it.

This confused me as well. I think it means it's "100% new music" in the sense that they recorded the instruments again, but not the vocals. It's possible the arrangements are new, but Im not so sure they used new compositions.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Lari wrote:
I think it means it's "100% new music" in the sense that they recorded the instruments again, but not the vocals.

It's the same songs, with newly recorded guitar and bass. When re-recording the guitar/bass, there are embellishments/layers that were not there before, some of the riffs have been altered, etc. It happened because, according to an interview I saw w/ Dave, he "sits around in his own studio all day and gets bored"...he heard some ways he could mess with the songs and he did. There may be some arrangement edits, but the drums and vocals are the same tracks used on the original album.

PostSubject: Re: Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17   Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17
Page 1 of 1