Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wizard: german power metal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Wizard: german power metal Empty
PostSubject: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 am

Any fans of this epic power metal group from Germany?

I already have three of their albums and look forward to buying their latest release fallen kings.

Anyone picked it up yet?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 7:38 am

Not a fan, but I own Head of the Deceiver. Bargain bin find or a gift, can't remember which.

It's horribly cheesy. Or gloriously cheesy, if you like Manowar and Hammerfall and the likes. I find it a little too much personally. 

Pretty heavy, nice sound though, and very catchy songs for a true metal warrior to bang his head to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 am

I had "Head Of The Deceiver" some years back. Too much cheez for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 am

Lari wrote:
Not a fan, but I own Head of the Deceiver. Bargain bin find or a gift, can't remember which.

It's horribly cheesy. Or gloriously cheesy, if you like Manowar and Hammerfall and the likes. I find it a little too much personally. 

Pretty heavy, nice sound though, and very catchy songs for a true metal warrior to bang his head to.

Yes their sound is very nice. Cheesy i agree but they are good music to drive to headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 10:54 am

I have Hammerfall to fill that cheese need.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 am

I have Goochan and Magic Circle. Great power metal band! Cheesy? I guess. A bit. No cheesier than any other power metal band, though.

Wizzard is also very good.

As is Wyzards.

Lately I've been digging King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard quite a bit too.

And speaking of wizards...an Internet Classic.

http://www.megalomaniac.com/~andrew/funny/bloodcyber.html

Yeah, I'm bored.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
No cheesier than any other power metal band, though.

Not so sure about that. I think they take the "true real manly loin cloths and broadswords true heavy metal" bit to the extreme. That kind of makes it awesome, because you know they're doing it for fun (the more "true" things get, the more camp they really are, so true metal is almost like a circle - you go too far in one direction, you end up coming back from the opposite side), but it's also a little difficult to get past all those sweaty warrior biceps and focus on the muisc, unless you're really in that kind of mood.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 am

Picked up head of the deceiver album. Very good. I think it is their best headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 3:39 am

There's some catchy tunes there, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Been spinning this song quite a lot lately.

Yes, it is openly cheesy but it's quite enjoyable and addictive as well:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizard: german power metal   Wizard: german power metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wizard: german power metal
Page 1 of 1