Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead - Under Cover

Go down 
+9
ultmetal
Boris2008
James B.
Troublezone
7thSecond
Gilbert
manny
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Motorhead - Under Cover Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 10:16 am

http://imotorhead.com/motorhead-to-release-under-cover/

Covers compilation to include unreleased version of David Bowie’s “Heroes”

Motorhead - Under Cover MH_Under_Cover_Packshot

"ONE THING Lemmy Kilmister, Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee liked to do over their years together in Motörhead, was grab a favourite song by another artist and give it a good old fashioned ‘Motörheading’. To run them through the Motörizer if you will. To rock them, roll them and even give them an extra twist and edge.

In celebration of some of those finest moments, the band will release Under Cöver, a collection of some of their best covers, and a collection which will include the previously unreleased version of David Bowie’s timeless classic “Heroes”. Recorded during the Bad Magic sessions in 2015 by Cameron Webb, and was one of the last songs the band recorded together.

“It’s such a great Bowie song, one of his best, and I could only see great things coming out of it from us, and so it proved to be,” says Phil Campbell, “and Lemmy ended up loving our version.”

“He was very, very proud of it,” says Mikkey Dee, “not only because it turned out so well but because it was fun! Which is what projects like this should be – fun!”

To that ethic, the rest of the album contains loud and proud, raucous and raging Rock ‘N’ Roll takes on the likes of “God Save The Queen” (Sex Pistols), “Cat Scratch Fever” (Ted Nugent), “Rockaway Beach,” (The Ramones), Breaking The Law” (Judas Priest) and “Whiplash” (Metallica) which earned the band a Grammy in 2005 for Best Metal Performance.

“We were happy with them at the time and we’re happy with them now!” affirms Campbell, whilst Dee says, “We should remember that it’s about having some fun with songs that we all loved.”

So there you are. If that doesn’t have you scrambling for your music delivery device, then check your pulse pronto. Or just start scrambling for a copy of Under Cöver immediately. You won’t be sorry."

TRACKLISTING

1. Breaking the Law (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2008

2. God Save the Queen (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2000

3. Heroes (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015

4. Starstruck (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2014

5. Cat Scratch Fever (Produced by Peter Solley) 1992

6. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001

7. Sympathy for the Devil (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015

8. Hellraiser (Produced by Billy Sherwood) 1992

9. Rockaway Beach (Mixed by Cameron Webb) 2002

10.Shoot ‘Em Down (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001

11. Whiplash (Produced by Bruce Bouillet and Bob Kulick) 2005
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 am

Nice. It's an obvious cash grab, but I'll pick it up cuz it's more convenient than trying to track down all of the compilations/tribute albums that most of these songs came from.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:22 am

Definite a cash grab and they can grab my cash because I will grab it
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Will get this one. I have been listening to a lot of motorhead lately. As a matter of fact, i grabbed a motorhead compilation titled essential noize while on vacation in europe a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 4:48 pm

I've already got almost all of these songs, as I have 28 Motorhead CD's and just grabbed my first two albums, (yes vinyl), from them yesterday, so I might as well keep the Motor humming.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

I don't like most of the song choices. So I'll pass on it...

I already have their Whiplash cover on the Metallica tribute album. And that's the only song from the list that interests me.

Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law" is a good song... but it's overplayed and kinda boring now. Although Stryper did a decent cover a few years back.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Dig Motorhead...this is a big giant yawn.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 am

Do motorhead have any unreleased tracks? That would be fun to have on cd. Some sort of post lemmy's death studio album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 pm

When I first saw this I thought, What about Louie Louie or Emergency? But then I remembered that I already have those so I'll probably pick this up. I love the way that they make covers theirs (particularly Whiplash)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Cash grab or not, I'll buy it.

Boris2008 wrote:
When I first saw this I thought, What about Louie Louie or Emergency? But then I remembered that I already have those so I'll probably pick this up. I love the way that they make covers theirs (particularly Whiplash)

Those were previous to this line-up. According to the press release, it's just songs recorded by the final line-up of Motorhead.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Here's the Bowie cover:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 pm

i may get this. but the part that hurts is that it's the only new thing from Motorhead we'll ever get.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Good bowie cover.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 3:53 am

According to Amazon the release date for this has been changed from September 1st to October 13th??? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm not a big Motorhead fan because of Lemmy's vocals but I will be picking this up.

That Bowie cover is excellent and that's the best I've ever heard Lemmy actually sing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:03 am

I have 7 of the 11 tracks on here already, but I'll still pick this up. Gimme Motorhead til I'm dead. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Anyone seen an actual copy of this yet? Online sources say it came out this past Friday (Sept.1) but I checked Best Buy and FYE and neither had it. Amazon originally said Oct. 13th, but has copies for sale now, but won't ship for 3 to 4 weeks.

Weird.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone seen an actual copy of this yet? Online sources say it came out this past Friday (Sept.1) but I checked Best Buy and FYE and neither had it. Amazon originally said Oct. 13th, but has copies for sale now, but won't ship for 3 to 4 weeks.

Weird.

September 1 was the European release date. All the copies for sale on Amazon are the European versions. The October 13 release date is for the vinyl it looks like.

So what does all this mean? I have no idea. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 am

These didn't make the cut?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Neither of those songs feature the whole band. It's Lemmy supplying vocals backed by other musicians. Phil Campbell played some guitar on 'The Trooper' too.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Yes i recall the trooper not being covered by motorhead, but lemmy was behind the mic. Actually this cover album of maiden is very very good. Chuck billy performs great on fear of the dark Smile
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 pm

I got lost on Youtube listening to the Heroes cover and found a bunch of covers.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 am

This is now available on Amazon in case you want to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
This is now available on Amazon in case you want to pick it up.

I will eventually. But right now i have 6 cds on their way to me. So i will need to digest those first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Under Cover   Motorhead - Under Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead - Under Cover
Page 1 of 1