Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017

Go down 
+5
Dark Horseman
martinsane
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Empty
PostSubject: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:37 am

Saw the trailer for the new IT movie, which got me excited. Actually looks pretty good. IT was my first SK book way back in 8/9th grade. Read it a few times. Love it! So I dusted it off and re-read it for the first time in probably 20 years in prep for the movie to come out.

Then, I decided to rent Stephen King's IT. I remember watching it when it came out. What I apparently didn't remember was...

How Incredibly Awful this made-for-tv bag of burning feces was. Wow!! The acting is bad to the point of distraction. It's like the actors were doing this as a hobby. Of course, some of the choices were the problem to begin with. Richard Thomas! Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Here's hoping the new movie will at least have better acting. I KNOW the gore will be more faithful.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:47 am

Oh yeah, I revisited the TV mini series on the SyFy channel a couple of years ago and was amazed at how badly it has aged, haha. And yet when that aired back in '90, '91, whenever it was, I thought it was the shizz!

It did have a great cast, gotta give it that much. I don't know who the guy is playing Pennywise in the remake but Tim Curry is still the O.G.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 11:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh yeah, I revisited the TV mini series on the SyFy channel a couple of years ago and was amazed at how badly it has aged, haha. And yet when that aired back in '90, '91, whenever it was, I thought it was the shizz!

It did have a great cast, gotta give it that much. I don't know who the guy is playing Pennywise in the remake but Tim Curry is still the O.G.

Bill SkarsgÄrd . And you're right. He's going to have some work to do to surpass Tim Curry's Pennywise.

And I haven't seen the mini series in years, but I thought it was really good back then.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 11:40 am

And I would like to add that I like they're doing this in two movies. There's just way too much story to cram into one film. That would make a really diced up hurried single film.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Oh, I wondered! Great info. I saw that it was just the kids...so I figured...but didn't know for sure. Yes, that will allow them to get things much better. Take their time.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 1:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Oh, I wondered! Great info. I saw that it was just the kids...so I figured...but didn't know for sure. Yes, that will allow them to get things much better. Take their time.

I'd rather the creators go Peter Jackson and have a 3 hour + opus. That said the trailer looks really good.

As for the book and original made for TV mini series, they both were favorites for me and agree with Tim Curry he is a great actor and Pennywise was a cool part for him. You can't help to be impressed with the original as it was a made for TV affair and had those constraints to deal with.

This is a good comparison between the 2 clowns.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 11:14 am

I hate clowns with a passion yet I watched this. Maybe it was therapy but it failed. Razz
Back to top Go down
blunthead
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi. If there's a Welcome thread I've missed it, so as a Stephen King fan and new member I choose to say Hi in this thread. Hi!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am

You could start a thread in here introducing yourself. Welcome to the HoM.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

I came from similar Stephen King fandoms as well .....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

The new movie is surprisingly awesome. Seriously didn't see that coming. Plus I've never seen so much creepy practical effects and optical work in a 21st-century movie. And if seeing kids die in gory fashion isn't your thing--stay away.

The miniseries is above average and moving when it comes to the kids' story, but seriously dated and mediocre with the adults. I'm half-on-and-off with it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes. I like the new movie. Pleasantly surprised. Way, way, way better than the mini-series.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Speaking of evil clowns... a "Clownhouse" remake could be cool to see. I already like the original, and it's really creepy! But it could be more over the top scary with some gore that the original lacked.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 am

I revisited the 1990 "IT" mini on Hulu a few weeks back with my 10 year old son ... like I said earlier in this thread, it hasn't aged particularly well but we both enjoyed it anyway. If nothing else it's got a great cast...maybe there aren't a lot of huge names (aside from Tim Curry), but they're dependable TV players like Richard "John-Boy Walton" Thomas, Harry "Night Court" Anderson, the late great John Ritter, Tim Reid, etc.

I had forgotten that "IT" was directed by Tommy Lee Wallace of "Halloween III" fame - maybe that's why I like this so much. "H-III" is just about the only Halloween movie I'm not terminally sick of, dude knows how to set up creepy atmosphere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017   IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT, Stephen King's IT, and IT 2017
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: