Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NES

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
mc666
spiritoradio
DallasBlack
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

NES Empty
PostSubject: NES   NES Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 pm

I'm sure most people here remember the origional Nintendo. Sure the graphics are primitive by today's standards but, at least to me, there is something very special about the old 8-bit system. It could be that since they had little to work with graphically they had to make it extra special. Today video games seem to put so much into appearance that plot and playability take a back seat. It sucks that the old NES is hard to find and that when you do find one 9 times out of 10 the games won't play. Sure there is Nester (if you can still find it), but playing those old games on a computer is more difficult. Call me old fasion but I long for the days when video games were as enjoyable as the old Nintendo.

Favorites: Zelda (all time fav.), Mario Bos. 3, Rygar, Faxanadu, A Boy And His Blob, Monster Party, Contra, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Zelda II, Castlevania, Shadowgate, Dragon Warrior, Double Dragon, TMNT (the first one and the arcade game), Tetris, RBI Baseball, Wizards And Warriors, Robin Hood, Willow, Duck Tales, Mega Man (I, II, & III), Uninvited, Blaster Master, Godzilla, Metroid, the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 1:19 am

My wife still has a Nintendo and we play it from time to time. I love that thing and will never get sick of it. It reminds me of being a child and that is a damn good feeling.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 3:15 am

i've still got an Atari 7800 with like 12 games. it's been in storage for years, but it still worked last time i had it out. that was the only gaming console i ever owned.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:05 am

i still own a functioning sega master system with the original version of sonic the hedgehog built in. thats right the first sonic
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 12:22 pm

I miss my old NES!

I still have my Sega Genesis with about a dozen game cartridges though... and it still works fine!! I'm not a real big video game guy so that Genesis is the most "current" system I own! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 pm

I've still got my old Atari.It worked the last time I played it-about 10 years ago.My wife has an old Nintendo.
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 pm

I have an Atari, a NES, a Snes, a N64, a Game Boy Advance, a Game boy advance SP and a Game Cube!

My fav. of all? Snes! Why? 'Cuz I have the best games of the NES with more games! 🤘 My favourite game? Super Mario Bros. 3! This summer I finished it like 3 times without the flutes and 1 time with my bro and the flutes!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:21 pm

I got an old NES from Game Stop but the games don't play unless I fiddle with it a little bit (even then it sometimes freezes up). I had the same problem with my old one before I got rid of it over 10 years ago. One of these days I will see if I can find someone who knows how to repair them.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Never big into video games as a kid (outside of the Arcade) but I remember in the late 70's early 80's the black and white, single speck, going back and forth tennis/tank/wall ball thing. I don't even remember what it was called. Since that time I've only played Mortal Combat in college in the Mid-90's

This may lowbrow but I'd always rather be outside playing football or baseball than inside doing it on the TV....

My kids are going to hate me when they never get any of these things for Christmas.
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:22 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

My kids are going to hate me when they never get any of these things for Christmas.

"But Daddy!"

"I don't want to hear another word, girls. Go outside and play with your new socks." Smile

I very much respect that point of view. The less attached kids are to TV the better. Turn them onto Pagan's Mind instead. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I miss my old NES!

I still have my Sega Genesis with about a dozen game cartridges though... and it still works fine!! I'm not a real big video game guy so that Genesis is the most "current" system I own! Smile

I need to retract my original statement... because my four year old is the proud owner of the "V-Smile" kiddie video game system (featuring such rock'em-sock'em games as "Disney/Pixar's Cars: Race To Radiator Springs," "Thomas the Tank Engine's Calling All Engines" and "Alphabet Hunt") so THAT is, in fact, the most up to date game system in my house at the moment. Wink
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:38 pm

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
Fat Freddy wrote:

I need to retract my original statement... because my four year old is the proud owner of the "V-Smile" kiddie video game system (featuring such rock'em-sock'em games as "Disney/Pixar's Cars: Race To Radiator Springs," "Thomas the Tank Engine's Calling All Engines" and "Alphabet Hunt") so THAT is, in fact, the most up to date game system in my house at the moment. Wink

Yes! If I am ever in NJ, I am stoppin' in and playin' that bad boy! Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:47 pm

I have a PlayStation 3 and a Game Boy Advance SP. I also have an N64, which I have not used in several years.

I have NES and N64 emulators on my computer.

My favorite NES games: Super Mario Bros. Trilogy (3 is by far the best), The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Tetris, and Ice Hockey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I have a PlayStation 3 and a Game Boy Advance SP. I also have an N64, which I have not used in several years.

I have NES and N64 emulators on my computer.

My favorite NES games: Super Mario Bros. Trilogy (3 is by far the best), The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Tetris, and Ice Hockey.

Unfortunatly these days, the Nintendo emulator (Nester) is very hard to get (it's actually illegal in the same way downloading music for free is) and the Super Nester is even harder and like I said, playing them on a computer is much more difficult than using the old Nintendo game pad.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:19 pm

Quote :
"But Daddy!"

"I don't want to hear another word, girls. Go outside and play with your new socks." NES Icon_smile

I very much respect that point of view. The less attached kids are to TV the better. Turn them onto Pagan's Mind instead. NES Headbang

Yeah, I'm the coolest person in the World right now...but they're 7 and 4. They'll know better soon enough! In the meantime my 7 year old's playlist includes Rob Rock, Dio, Masterplan, SOAD, Demon Hunter and others (no Pagan's Mind)....so I'm trying to be a good influence!! For the first time in my life I've got a true Heavy Metal buddy! Poor Mom!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yes! If I am ever in NJ, I am stoppin' in and playin' that bad boy! Smile
Come on over bro... but I warn you, I'll smoke ya on the "Cars" and "Thomas the Tank Engine" games.
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Some of my all-time favorite NES games are:

Dragon Warrior I
Dragon Warrior II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior IV
Deja Vu
Shadow Gate
Uninvited
Metal Gear
Karnov
Faxanadu
The Magic of Scheherazade
Rygar
Metroid

I still play my old NES all the time. I bought one ages ago in a pawn shop. I love how the batteries in the games still work! Haha. I also have NESten, an emulator, on my PC, with like every NES game ever made. It's hard to find to actual games around here these days, so I'll settle for the emulator.

Here's a picture of all the NES games I own:

NES Nes
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I got an old NES from Game Stop but the games don't play unless I fiddle with it a little bit (even then it sometimes freezes up). I had the same problem with my old one before I got rid of it over 10 years ago. One of these days I will see if I can find someone who knows how to repair them.
Dude, that's every NES system. Haha. That crap happened when they first came out. Remember blowing on the game? Inserting it just a bit beyond the edge to the NES, so it would sort of get stuck when you pushed it down? Haha. All part of the NES!

Anyway, since you like Uninvited and Shadowgate, have you ever played Deja Vu? It was made by the same designers, same concept and style. Awesome game! The ending of that one pissed me off so much! I kept getting arrested. Haha. It took me ages to figure out how to beat it.
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:48 pm

My NES is doing hte same thing! It always freeze when I'm playin' or I just can't play...Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:56 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
My NES is doing hte same thing! It always freeze when I'm playin' or I just can't play...Laughing very hard
No game system has ever pissed me off more than the NES. I used to think it was just because I was young and impatient. Then at like 25 years old I bought another NES, and that sonofabitch pissed me off so bad! Haha. I was doing the same things I did as a kid, kicking the NES, throwing the controller at it, picking it up and screaming at it, hitting the TV! Haha. Nothing changed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 3:57 pm

There is a game that I played like crazy called Karnov which started kind of boring but when you got up in levels it started to get real cool (however it was very difficult, the character would die after two hits). If I can find a way to fix my Nintendo I need to try and locate that one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
No game system has ever pissed me off more than the NES. I used to think it was just because I was young and impatient. Then at like 25 years old I bought another NES, and that sonofabitch pissed me off so bad! Haha. I was doing the same things I did as a kid, kicking the NES, throwing the controller at it, picking it up and screaming at it, hitting the TV! Haha. Nothing changed.

According to wikipedia there was a design flaw on the older models that caused that. Aparently towards the end of the systems life, the newer models fixed that (which is probably why some people have no problem with theirs).
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 pm

How much for the Astyanax game eyesore? I've been looking for that game for years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Games that I have:

-Snake RattleNRoll (Sadly it always freeze when I play this game! You are a snake that eat other things and after eating a lot of things you must go on the balance and go to the next level. And the hotest thing about this game! There's only rock'N'roll music!)

-John Elway's Quarterback (Booooring)
-Super Mario Bros.3 (Great game! I'm playing it since a long time)
-Ice Hocker (Same)
-Werewolf (Is difficult as hell)
-Super Spike V'ball/Nintendo World Cup (2 games in one! A volleyball game that rock and a soccer game that really but really like!)
-The Rocketeer
-Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball (Yeah babe this one rock!)
-Blades Of Steel (One of the best Hockey game ever)
-Jaleco (Just suck)
-Super Mario Bros. 2 (My less favourite one)
-DR.Mario (Better than Tetris 🤘 )
-NesOpen (A golf game with mario and co.)
-Spot
-DR.Jekyll And MR. Hyde
-Arch Rivals (Basket)
-Rad Racer
-Adventure Island II (This game rock)
-Top Gun
-Super Mario Bros.
-Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (Don't have the gun for Duck Hunt...Snif...)
-Nascar
Back to top Go down

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 6:15 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
How much for the Astyanax game eyesore? I've been looking for that game for years.
You got any games to trade? I'm not even sure I like that one.

And Dallas, Karnov is a great game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NES   NES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NES
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: