Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Empty
PostSubject: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Overkill Joined By Shadows Fall And Flotsam And Jetsam Drummer Jason Bittner - Blabbermouth.net http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/overkill-joined-by-shadows-fall-and-flotsam-and-jetsam-drummer-jason-bittner/ (Share from CM Browser)

I don't know how I feel about this...
Flotsam just made one of their best albums in years with Bittner, but I know joining Overkill is a good business move. They tour a lot more and record albums frequently. Still sucks for Flotsam though...
I would say get Craig back, but the way he was unceremoniously "dismissed", I doubt he would return.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 8:23 pm

It's a good move for Jason.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It's a good move for Jason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 2:15 am

Damn, that's a bit of a slap in the face comment to Flotsam and Jetsam...."I am extremely excited to be a part, once again, of thrash metal history"

Flotsam and Jetsam might not be as popular as Overkill, but they are an iconic thrash band that rarely disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 3:26 am

Good move on his part. Jason is an awesome drummer. I wish Shadows Fall would put out some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:43 am

It wasn't a slap in the face to F&J. He said "to be a part, once again, of thrash metal history". That pretty much includes F&J.

Overkill is more prolific. They tour more, release more frequently, probably pay much better. It's a smart business move. Good for him.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:52 am

It would be funny to see if Bittner would bail on Overkill if Testament or Anthrax suddenly had a vacancy for a drummer.

I guess it just comes down to who pays better... Speaking of Anthrax, Charlie Benante has been having major issues with his hands lately, so who knows? Plus, his former Shadows Fall bandmate Jon is already with them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:33 am

It did strike me as a little odd that Jason would jump ship so quickly and excitedly, but whatever. He's a monster drummer and if this gives him a steady paycheck and keeps him busy, cool.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It did strike me as a little odd that Jason would jump ship so quickly and excitedly, but whatever. He's a monster drummer and if this gives him a steady paycheck and keeps him busy, cool.

Yeah, I don't know if his jumping ship excitedly has to do with his relations with the Flotsam guys, or merely just the obvious, a better business opportunity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:12 am

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if his jumping ship excitedly has to do with his relations with the Flotsam guys, or merely just the obvious, a better business opportunity.

Yea, it's his business and who knows what's going on behind the scenes. But if I'm in F&J and read this quote...

Quote :
Bittner states, "When my phone rang about two months ago and Blitz said 'Hey, me and D.D. [Verni, OVERKILL bassist] are wondering if you would be interested in joining?' It really didn't take much for me to write back a one-word answer.... ABSOLUTELY!

...I'd be like "Dude? What the f*ck, man? Aren't you OUR drummer? Just like that, you bail on us? Not cool, dude."

Eh, whatever. It's not like I'm seeing them live anytime soon anyway. If he sticks around long enough to show up on the new Overkill album, cool.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
It wasn't a slap in the face to F&J. He said "to be a part, once again, of thrash metal history". That pretty much includes F&J.

Overkill is more prolific. They tour more, release more frequently, probably pay much better. It's a smart business move. Good for him.
It's the once again part that's the slap. Like Flotsam and Jetsam weren't included in thrash history. It's not like he was out of Flotsam and Jetsam for years looking for a band to join, he jumped from one to the other. So I read it as an insult to them. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but I think he should have worded it better.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Think about it? F&J or Overkill? How much do you have to think about it? lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 6:11 pm

It's not like Flotsam's main man and lyricist bailed to join a bigger band......Oh wait, that happened as well! lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

From a business standpoint yeah, it makes sense. But musically, Blitz's vocals are not everyone's cup of tea... and Bittner did say Flotsam was one of his favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

From a business standpoint yeah, it makes sense. But musically, Blitz's vocals are not everyone's cup of tea... and Bittner did say Flotsam was one of his favorite bands.

If I had to make a public statement about joining a band, I probably wouldn't say... "yeah they're ok I guess". I'd probably claim they were favorites too. You gotta play it up like it's the best thing ever for the fans.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah, that could be the case, but I think he also was probably more a fan of their first three old school albums.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun May 07, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 2:43 pm

mc666 wrote:

This in spades !

PostSubject: Re: Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer   Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill recruits Flotsam's drummer
Page 1 of 1