Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Empty
PostSubject: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 am

Yes have issued their response to ARW's announced earlier this week that they have changed their name to Yes Featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman.

The prog legends had this to say, "While Jon Anderson has rights to use the name as one of the co-owners of the trademark, Yes' position is that every effort should be made by promoters, ticket agencies and all involved to respect Yes' magnificent and loyal fanbase and minimize confusion regarding the use of Yes Featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman."

In the announcement about the name change, original Yes frontman Anderson offered this explanation, "It's very simple. The fans want it, we want it and it's our right to use the name. YES music is in our DNA!"

The rebranding came following the band's long awaited induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week.

Here they are with Jon on vocals and Geddy on bass!

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 8:12 am

Anyone know why Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman would rather perform with guitarist Trevor Rabin, instead of their original bandmates, guitarist Steve Howe and drummer Alan White ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_%28band%29
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Howe and Anderson can't seem to get along. From what I can gather, and i'm kind of speculating, Howe wanted more attention.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 1:22 pm

NO!!!

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Honestly, I would prefer the Anderson/Rabin/Wakeman version. It just isn't Yes without Jon on vocals. Steve should swallow his pride and join up.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree with you Mike. I wouldn't pay money to hear how tired and old the other lineup is. The live stuff I've seen from ARW on YouTube has been more involved and truer to the feeling of classic Yes. The last album Yes released was weak as hell, which was really disappointing after how good 'Fly From Here' was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??   Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Ratts, Two Queensryches so why not TWO Yes's??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: