Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who do you like more in concert ?

Go down 
+8
Thelemech
Gilbert
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
glassprison
Glower
12 posters

Which Band / Concert
Guns and Roses
Who do you like more in concert ? Vote_lcap29%Who do you like more in concert ? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
K I S S
Who do you like more in concert ? Vote_lcap71%Who do you like more in concert ? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Who do you like more in concert ? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:58 pm

I suppose in whatever year you'd like.
Close to the front row Shocked
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 8:06 pm

I voted for KISS because I am a bigger fan, but I have to say that I was VERY impressed with GNR's show last summer on the Not In This Lifetime Tour.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 pm

I've seen G&R twice and KISS once both in the same year (1988) and on one occasion on the same bill (Monsters of Rock)

The MOR show was weird because it was the one where two kids got crushed to death during the G&R set so they started the set by ripping it up but quickly changed the set to ballads to calm people down. The other time was a show at Rock City in Nottingham (club venue, albeit a very big club holding about 2,400) and they absolutely took the roof off the place. I was almost exclusively into thrash and hardcore at the time and they still floored me (Faster P*ssycat supported and they were good too).

It's a bit unfair to critique KISS as the time I saw them was at that MOR show and although the crowd had no idea that people had been killed,, the bands all knew and the atmosphere was a bit weird
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 pm

I've never seen GNR in concert but have seen KISS countless times. I have to obviously go with KISS. I'm a fanboy and very biased but the music,visual effects, and entire experience makes me go in the KISS direction.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:46 pm

007 wrote:
but the music,visual effects, and entire experience makes me go in the KISS direction.

That's the other thing that maybe made me fail to 'get' the whole KISS experience, it was 1988 so no make up, they were second on the bill to Iron Maiden so no big show. It was just them some lights and video screens and the music which was more of an annoyance as it was sandwiched between Dio and IM both of whom I preferred infinitely.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Kiss was my first concert ever, and I've never seen guns and roses, so with that said I vote guns and roses. I wouldn't go to either one of them now.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

KISS gets my vote. They are my favorite band. But the whole spectacle of their live show is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 am

Kiss. Never saw them live and most likely never will.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 12:29 am

Saw KISS for the first Reunion tour and they killed it. I was third row and most of the time Gene was right in front of me, pretty cool to see them in the makeup.

Never saw GNR but I imagine they put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 am

GNR - the one album wonder and a band that never was!

KISS all the way! Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 am

Guns 'n Roses by far. Saw them 3 or 4 times back in the day (Hershey, Philly, Washington DC). 5 if you count Axl's no-show riot in Philly in the early 00's)

KISS I've seen twice, both with make-up. Once during their "farewell tour" back in '96(?) with Ace & Peter, then a few years later with Eric and Tommy. It was a fun spectacle, if not somewhat predictable. I had an opportunity to see them in the late 80's/early 90's maybe without make-up, but I passed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Great concert stories and memories !
I thought this thought at work, for some reason.
Maybe distinct band personalities.....both have them.
The strong songs - and that imagery - energy - confetti -
And what could of been more outrageous in 1977/78.
KISS Alive ll - open it up -there it was - at its height -
The Love Gun Tour - I went with them lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Never saw GnR and now I'm not in any hurry to do so.

Seen KISS three times (2x w/o makeup, once on the 96 Reunion Tour) and all three were great shows.
If ticket prices weren't so nuts I'd probably even consider going to see the Thayer/Singer lineup, just to see how they stack up against the "old school" lineups I saw.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never saw GnR and now I'm not in any hurry to do so.

Seen KISS three times (2x w/o makeup, once on the 96 Reunion Tour) and all three were great shows.
If ticket prices weren't so nuts I'd probably even consider going to see the Thayer/Singer lineup, just to see how they stack up against the "old school" lineups I saw.

I know a lot of folks get upset about those guys using the "Space Ace" and "Catman" personas. It didn't bother me as Eric's a much better drummer, but I have to admit it seemed weird when Tommy did the smoking guitar thing and shot the sparks out during his solo. That's Ace's gimmick, man!! Get your own!! Ack!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:55 pm

^^
I was more critical of it when KISS was just going round and round flogging the same damn greatest hits set with Thayer/Singer every summer tour season. When they finally cut a new album ("Monster") with Thayer/Singer it kinda legitimized that lineup for me.  

I may not totally agree with it, but I understand why they kept "The Cat" and "The Spaceman" rather than coming up with new personas for Eric/Tommy. Those are the characters that ticket buyers are expecting to see.

...besides, not everybody out there is an obsessive, nitpicky message board nerd who follows every move these bands make.  I'd bet a lot of casual fans don't even realize (or care) that it's not Peter and Ace anymore.

Shoot, I hear there are still soccer moms who go to Warrant shows and scream "WE LOVE YOU JANI!" at Robert Mason. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Not starting a fight but it it bugs me when people call GnR a one album wonder band. Who do you like more in concert ? 395375
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 8:32 pm

The make up being worn by Thayer and Singer never bothered me. It's not like they're trying to pass the two off as the real deal. That would be more troublesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you like more in concert ?   Who do you like more in concert ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who do you like more in concert ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: