Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:39 am

So Rob is cleaning out the vaults for a box set. It ain't cheap though - $119.98 on Amazon as a preorder right now. Ouch!

http://bravewords.com/news/judas-priest-frontman-rob-halford-to-release-the-complete-albums-collection-box-set-in-may-2017

JUDAS PRIEST Frontman ROB HALFORD To Release The Complete Albums Collection Box Set In May 2017

As Judas Priest‘s frontman, Rob Halford became one of the defining voices of heavy metal, but the powerhouse singer also has released a variety of interesting albums outside of his famous band. Now, a new box set called The Complete Albums Collection gathers together 12 albums that the Metal God issued with his solo band and various side projects. Look for it to hit stores May 19th.

Rob’s solo career began in 1992, when he left Judas Priest and formed the thrash-metal outfit Fight. The box set contains that group’s three studio albums, as well as K5: The War of Words Demos, a collection of 1992 recordings first released in 2007. After Fight, Halford formed the short-lived industrial-metal band 2wo, which also featured current Rob Zombie guitarist John 5. The band’s sole studio effort, 1998’s Voyeurs, also is included in The Complete Albums Collection.

Rounding out the box set are seven albums by the band Halford, which marked Rob’s return to traditional metal. These include four studio albums — 2000’s Resurrection, 2002’s Crucible, 2009’s Halford III: Winter Songs and 2010’s Halford IV: Made of Metal — as well as three live albums, two of which are two-CD set.

Rob returned to Judas Priest in 2004, and his main musical focus since then has been the influential U.K. band, but The Complete Albums Collection show just how expansive the singer’s talents are.

Following is the full list of discs included on The Complete Albums Collection:

Fight
War of Words (1993)
Mutations (1994)
A Small Deadly Space (1995)
K5: The War of Words Demos (2007, recorded in 1992)

2wo
Voyeurs (1998)

Halford
Resurrection (2000)
Live Insurrection (2001) (two CDs)
Crucible (2002)
Halford III: Winter Songs (2009)
Halford IV: Made of Metal (2010)
Live in Anaheim (2010, recorded in 2003) (two CDs)
Live at Saitama Super Arena (2011)
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am

That sounds very interesting. I wonder what the track listing will include ? I have the first 2 Halford cds but not the ones with the extra tracks. If those are on there I'd consider getting this.

Also, I wonder if this is on it :

And that is a bit pricey.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Sorry Rob, but I'll pass. I have no use for Two's Voyeurs, Fight's Mutations or Small Deadly Space or any of the live material that I don't already own.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 12:05 pm

I have what I want from these so the extras would have to be pretty amazing for me to get this and it needs to come down in price.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I have what I want from these so the extras would have to be pretty amazing for me to get this and it needs to come down in price.

Same here. Except for the last 2 live albums, I already have these releases. I have a feeling the price will come down too. You can still purchase most of those albums used for a fraction of a cost.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

I already own most of these albums but i may eventually pick it up later.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm

I have some of these albums already and re-issuing them on vinyl won't do much for me, since I do not collect vinyl. Still a cool way to get all of his Halford's solo material in one shot.

Last edited by manny on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm

manny wrote:
I have some of these albums already and re-issuing them on vinyl won't do much for me, since I do not complete vinyl. Still a cool way to get all of his Halford's solo material in one shot.

This is a CD box set, not vinyl.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 pm

not enough there for the price...

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 11:26 pm

[quote="exact33"]not enough there for the price...[/quote

Yap a bit expensive. Picked up overkill's historikill, which i find to be much more interesting, for a much lower price.]
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 9:01 am

I already own all of these except the War of Words demos (which is unnecessary), Winter Songs (which is retarded), & the last two live albums (which was already done).

Now if it contained the original recordings of Voyeurs, which Rob has claimed were heavier & more guitar oriented, then I'd probably just download that online somewhere.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 9:23 am

mc666 wrote:
I already own all of these except the War of Words demos (which is unnecessary), Winter Songs (which is retarded), & the last two live albums (which was already done).

Now if it contained the original recordings of Voyeurs, which Rob has claimed were heavier & more guitar oriented, then I'd probably just download that online somewhere.

Do you mean these demos?

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Do you mean these demos?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. If this was what he was talking about, then it sounds like a less layered version of what was actually released. Not heavier, just less produced.

Still a fun album though. I liked it as it was just fine.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 am

mc666 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Do you mean these demos?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. If this was what he was talking about, then it sounds like a less layered version of what was actually released. Not heavier, just less produced.

Still a fun album though. I liked it as it was just fine.

Those demos are what Halford released as a free download from his website years ago. My guess is they're the demos he was talking about, but there may very well be others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set   Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford - The Complete Albums Collection Box Set
Page 1 of 1