Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why did Jani Lane have to die?

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
glassprison
Mac & Cheese
Troublezone
Addy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
nevermore
James B.
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Why did Jani Lane have to die? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 am

Serious question.  Yeah he hated Cherry Pie.  Was that enough to drink himself to death?  Do ya think there was something beyond that?  Gonna play my fav Warrant song now:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 pm

My opinion? He crashed down hard when his style of music was no longer fashionable and was never able to recover from the tidal wave of grunge and nu-metal that swept everything away and left a path of flannel and Adidas warm-up suits.

It's tough to be the cat's meow one week and yesterday's news the next. Some survived better than others. Jani couldn't.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Bad choices... a lot of people apparently reached out to help. If you don't want it, how long are they going to keep trying ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:18 pm

James B. wrote:
Bad choices... a lot of people apparently reached out to help.  If you don't want it, how long are they going to keep trying ?

I agree. But you also have to want to help yourself out as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Trying to find any explanation other than he was an addict doing what addicts do is impossible. Yes accepting help could have worked but I know from experience that until you are ready it probably wouldn't have. He ran out of time before he was ready and that's tragic.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 am

I think Boris pretty much nailed it. Happens way too often with an addict. It's sad because Jani was such a talented singer and songwriter. RIP Jani.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 am

I ask the same queston about Kurt Cobain, David Bowie, and of course Scott Weiland Oh and Chris Farley too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Why did Cliff Burton, Randy Rhoads, Criss Oliva, Chuck Schuldiner and Dimebag have to die? They all went tragically and way too soon.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 pm

It was very sad. I remember his last interview was on TMS which also featured Michael Sweet of Stryper
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 am

I saw his last show ever. He was fronting Great White at the time. Fortuitously, I found a bootleg of that show too. He sounded great that night, and played Uncle Tom's Cabin, I Saw Red, Heaven and Cherry Pie on an acoustic guitar in the middle of GW's set.

I was sad to hear the news that he had died.

He remains one of my favorite songwriters from the hair metal genre. Even on Warrant's post-Dog Eat Dog albums, and on Jani's alternative solo album (and Jabberwocky demos) the quality of his writing really shines.

I think I'll listen to what he said was his favorite song he ever wrote--"Stronger Now" from Ultraphobic--in light of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:20 am

I met him back around 2000, when he was touring solo with Robbie Crane on bass. He seemed like a decent guy.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 am

This is prob why the new Warrant release is lacking. No Jani and he wrote the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 am

It's a shame that Jani died so young.  He had a real talent for writing catchy pop-metal songs with great hooks.  Like Uncle Sax my favorite Warrant song is "Machine Gun."  

I only saw them live one time and it was on the Rock Never Stops Tour in 1998.  This was the setlist the night I saw them:

So Damn Pretty (Should Be Against the Law)
D.R.F.S.R. / The Ocean
Down Boys
Machine Gun
32 Pennies
Heaven / Blind Faith / Sometimes She Cries
I Saw Red
A.Y.M.
Indian Giver
Southern Comfort
Uncle Tom's Cabin
Cherry Pie
War Pigs
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
This is prob why the new Warrant release is lacking. No Jani and he wrote the good stuff.

I was under the impression that he pretty much wrote all the stuff when he was in the band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

I was under the impression that he pretty much wrote all the stuff when he was in the band.  

Pretty much, save for a song or 2. According to Wikipedia, he didn't start sharing songwriting credits till the Ultraphobic album and it's follow-up Belly to Belly. And we see how well that went over. Razz

I think I'll break out Jani's solo album this week and give that one a fresh spin.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Never was a fan of Warrant, but its a shame when people die young, needlessly so.

I don't think his career going tits up is why he died young. If nothing else when he had his act together, he and the rest of Warrant made decent money as weekend warriors cranking out the oldies.

I know shortly before his death, he was one of the songwriters Alice Cooper collaborated with for his 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare', but none of the material they wrote together was ever used. Who knows if any songs were ever completed, or maybe Alice used the incentive to work with him and Bob Ezrin as a lifeline to try to give him purpose. Do not know, but Alice and Ezrin respected him enough to consider working with him, he must have been a talented songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 pm

A death of a rocker - is always a shocker.
I was honestly surprised with him though....
I remember during some Heavy Metal documentary....
he laughed and said " don't blame me for the downfall of metal "
They were like poison, but I thought tougher.
They were playing a club with Kingdom Come as a open act....
I was shell shocked as WARRANT tour bus had at least 40 girls outside it.
Then I smiled, and went into see the show.
Great show.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 am

I saw Warrant twice, once opening for Poison (during their heyday) and once in a small club (yesterday's news). Both times they were fantastic.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 1:05 am

Jani Lane died for the same reason our little departed darling, JonBenet Ramsey (blessings be upon her) had to leave us so soon. You see, sometimes, when someone is really really special, they tend to be hated by the world because they are so beautiful and talented that people become jealous. And God sees it, and decides to take these people back because the world couldn't appreciate such a beauty. So, if you die like JonBenet Ramsey did, that is, young and gorgeous, it meant that you were a very special person. Jani was a diva of untamed glamour. To say that it was a matter of fate in that the world didn't realize what it had is a tragic reality. Basically, if you die in youth as a gifted person, it meant that you were too good for this cruel world.

Charles Baudelaire spoke about the paradoxes of beauty:

O Beauty! dost thou generate from Heaven or from Hell?
Within thy glance, so diabolic and divine,
Confusedly both wickedness and goodness dwell,
And hence one might compare thee unto sparkling wine.

Thy look containeth both the dawn and sunset stars,
Thy perfumes, as upon a sultry night exhale,
Thy kiss a philter, and thy mouth a Grecian vase,
That renders heroes cowardly and infants hale.

Yea, art thou from the planets, or the fiery womb?
The demon follows in thy train, with magic fraught,
Thou scatter'st seeds haphazardly of joy and doom,
Thou govern'st everything, but answer'st unto nought.

O Loveliness! thou spurnest corpses with delight,
Among thy jewels, Horror hath such charms for thee,
And Murder 'mid thy mostly cherished trinklets bright,
Upon thy massive bosom dances amorously.

The blinded, fluttering moth towards the candle flies,
Then frizzles, falls, and falters—"Blessings unto thee"—
The panting swain that o'er his beauteous mistress sighs,
Seems like the Sick, that stroke their gravestones lovingly.

What matter, if thou comest from the Heavens or Hell,
O Beauty, frightful ghoul, ingenuous and obscure!
So long thine eyes, thy smile, to me the way can tell
Towards that Infinite I love, but never saw.

From God or Satan? Angel, Mermaid, Proserpine?
What matter if thou makest—blithe, voluptuous sprite—
With rhythms, perfumes, visions—O mine only queen!—
The universe less hideous and the hours less trite.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 am

wtf
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 am

Quote :
Jani Lane died for the same reason our little departed darling, JonBenet Ramsey (blessings be upon her) had to leave us so soon.

Drinking yourself to death in a hotel room is the same as getting murdered?
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 4:49 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Jani Lane died for the same reason our little departed darling, JonBenet Ramsey (blessings be upon her) had to leave us so soon.

Drinking yourself to death in a hotel room is the same as getting murdered?

I explained it well enough in the rest of the post. Same reason, not same means, mind you.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 am

I should have added Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse to my list as well
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 10:04 am

Muckie nailed it. He said what we all were thinking.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 3:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Muckie nailed it. He said what we all were thinking.

Really? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Jani Lane have to die?   Why did Jani Lane have to die? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Jani Lane have to die?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next