Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spongebob creator has ALS.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Spongebob creator has ALS. Empty
PostSubject: Spongebob creator has ALS.   Spongebob creator has ALS. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Spongebob creator has ALS. Giphy

Sad, this is a horrible disease.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/spongebob-squarepants-creator-stephen-hillenburg-reveals-als-diagnosis-1202007865/
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob creator has ALS.   Spongebob creator has ALS. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm

In my estimation, it's the worst disease on the planet and quite possibly the scariest. I know ebola is pretty frightening, but that kills you fairly quickly. If one does live with this dreaded disease, then they're remanded to a wheelchair and totally lose their ability to speak. Look no further than Jason Becker, Stephen Hawking or Steve Gleason.

I feel very sorry for him...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob creator has ALS.   Spongebob creator has ALS. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 am

Terrible news. My friend's dad suffered from it. It was very sad watching him slowly deteriorate from it and eventually losing his life. Such a terrible disease.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob creator has ALS.   Spongebob creator has ALS. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am

I was too old for Spongebob, but my son seems to like it.

I recently watched an entire episode with him, and it seems like a witty show for the whole family. There are some jokes that the younger ones surely won't understand, but there's also obviously plenty of non-stop action and entertainment for even toddlers.

My brother also watched it as a kid. He was born in '94. Must be a long running show.

I don't know this person who created it, but I am assuming he is financially in a position to have the best possible care taken.

Nonetheless, it's a tough thing to happen to you, no matter who you are. It's almost like knowing the day you will die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob creator has ALS.   Spongebob creator has ALS. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spongebob creator has ALS.
Page 1 of 1