Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omen: hammer damage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Omen: hammer damage Empty
PostSubject: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 11:09 am

Anyone picked up this latest omen release?

It took me a while to appreciate its potential. Definitely a solid album.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 11:12 am

Sorry for posting this more than one time. My mobile went crazy.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 1:35 pm

I was wondering what was happening since there were 3 posts about it. I haven't heard the new album. Metal Blade are going to re-issue all of the early stuff next year.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Sampled some. Love the (nonexistent) production, adds the charm, not crazy about the vocals. The songs themselves are good I guess, sounding like it could've been their 4th album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 11:35 pm

nevermore wrote:
I was wondering what was happening since there were 3 posts about it. I haven't heard the new album.  Metal Blade are going to re-issue all of the early stuff next year.

Can't wait. I still need a couple of their albums to complete my collection.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 10:24 pm

I didn't even know they had a new album out.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

choosemetal wrote:
I didn't even know they had a new album out.

Worth checking out if you're a fan.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm

so, anyone managed to buy the latest omen? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 pm

I really enjoy the Hammer Damage release. I can honestly say that it has been my go to Omen release this last year or so. I hold that the material on this is as good as the first ones. The split 7" they did with Battleroar is great too.
I can also see how Kevin Goocher may not be some folks cup of tea, but I really like his vocals. But I am also a fan of his stuff with his old band Phantom X. Plus he is no longer with Omen.
I have not heard him sing with Omen, but new singer Nikos sang on the last Greek band Marauder disc. And he is quite a bit removed from Kevin in style and approach; but also a polarizing singer.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 12:26 am

metalken wrote:
I really enjoy the Hammer Damage release. I can honestly say that it has been my go to Omen release this last year or so. I hold that the material on this is as good as the first ones. The split 7" they did with Battleroar is great too.
I can also see how Kevin Goocher may not be some folks cup of tea, but I really like his vocals. But I am also a fan of his stuff with his old band Phantom X. Plus he is no longer with Omen.
I have not heard him sing with Omen, but new singer Nikos sang on the last Greek band Marauder disc. And he is quite a bit removed from Kevin in style and approach; but also a polarizing singer.

Never heard of phantom x. Now i am curious. Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 am

I actually got turned onto Phantom X through a post here on the HOM. Great band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omen: hammer damage   Omen: hammer damage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omen: hammer damage
Page 1 of 1