Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good Russian metal bands?

Go down 
+12
stormspell
brokentulsa
candlemass
mc666
Boris2008
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
Wurthless
Louder
Hadley
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Any good Russian metal bands? Empty
PostSubject: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Are there any good metal bands from Russia? The only ones i've heard were the pop-metal ones from the late 80s, Gorky Park, Autograf, and Ruscha, and they werent all that impressive to me. Any other notable ones out there who might be better?
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 11:15 pm

There's Ария (Aria), sort of the Russian Iron Maiden:

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 12:39 am

I was gonna say Aria as well. Love those guys. I like their first album the best though.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 12:48 am

These guys (Aspid, or Аспид) are good too. Tech-thrash from '92.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 am

Only Russian cd i own is a gorky park and it is not that special. I am curious to check out more Aria though.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 10:27 am

Aria's definitely the go to. Their first 5-6 albums are great, even considering they really loved (copying) Iron Maiden. Can't go wrong with any. Later on they lost it so don't bother.

Master is great thrash, first two albums are considered classic. As a casual thrasher, I'm still a big fan of their debut.

These guys are for Accpet fans. And AC/DC to a lesser extent.

Kruiz walked the line between speed and thrash, but what came out was some of the best material we had to offer.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 10:31 am

Our pal Stormspell recently reissued an album by these guys:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 11:36 am

I own that reissue, actually. I discuss it in one of my YouTube videos (a little over two minutes into it):
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Quick answer is yes there are lots but I only really know the black/post blackscene

They do the atmospheric thing particularly well afro
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Cephalic Impurity
Gorged Bile
Cannibalistic Infancy
Human Decrepity
Abnormity
7 H.Target
Perverse Dependence
Merlin
Disarticulating Exguishment
Illinois Love For Carnage
Disfigurement of Flesh
Traumatomy
Abominable Putridity
Katelepsy
Cranial Osteotomy
Big End Bolt
Aborted Fetus

I won't bother posting a slew of youtube vids, but they are easy to find if interested.

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 am

No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 12:20 pm

volnaya staya

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 5:27 am

I've actually released quite a few Russian and ex-Soviet Union bands. Here are my favorites:

SOLAR -Orthodox female fronted operatic power metal. So called Russian answer to Nightwish

NARWHAL TUSK - another killer female fronted band, easily on par with the likes of Within Temptation, Delain, etc.

NATURAL SPIRIT - Epic folk metal, with beautiful melodies, authentic folk instruments, and breath-taking female folklore vocals. Recommended for fans of Eluveitie, Kivimetsän Druidi, Korpiklaani, Arkona, Pagan Reign, Kalevala, Butterfly Temple, Gods Tower, Skyforger, etc.

Released on Stormspell Records on January 21, 2011

EKZISTENCIA - The Storm Master - Fantasy power metal a-la Rhapsody, Labyrinth, and the likes. Production is crappy, but the music rules supreme!

IRON DRIVER - Prisoner of Time
NWOBHM worship via Saint Petersburg, Russia

Last but not least, the Russian answer to Blind Guardian:

BARSOOM - Under the Moons of Mars: one of the most amazing private albums to ever emerge from Russia. A conceptual story based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom Sci-Fi series. A MUST-HAVE for fans of early era BLIND GUARDIAN and HELLOWEEN!

Most of those cds are still available for 5 bucks at our CD Baby store (link below) Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 am

stormspell wrote:
I've actually released quite a few Russian and ex-Soviet Union bands. Here are my favorites:

IRON DRIVER - Prisoner of Time
NWOBHM worship via Saint Petersburg, Russia

I'll second these guys. That was a recent pick-up of mine. Well worth a fiver. And they do a song about Col. Trautman from Rambo!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 am

No love for tru kvlt metal of the Russian Metal originators?????????????

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 am

You mean BonJovinators? Wink. They are famous once again in the center of the Russian media eye, but only because band members are sueing each-other for the usage of the name Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Just found this...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Shah was a good thrash metal band
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:17 pm

T.A.T.U.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good Russian metal bands?   Any good Russian metal bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good Russian metal bands?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: