Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Fat Freddy
TheGreatDuck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Empty
PostSubject: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:28 am

I know this question is a bit hard, but I remember reading of a hair metal band who either appeared or had one of their songs featured on some teen TV show in the early '90s... I know Enuff Z'Nuff was on Beverly Hills 90210, but I also remember reading about another hair band on another early '90s tv show...I think the show in question might have been Parker Lewis Can't Lose, but I've been unable to find anything so far.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:49 am

This probably isn't the show you're looking for, but my kids were recently watching a "Full House" re-run where Uncle Jesse's band "The Rippers" tried jumping on the hair-metal bandwagon for their label showcase... which of course turned out terribly. Uncle Jesse even mentioned Ratt and Poison when he said that his band needed a "new look" to get noticed. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 am

Animal Bag appeared on My So Called Life. If any of you remember that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 am

nevermore wrote:

The show, or the band? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
nevermore wrote:

The show, or the band? Very Happy

Either? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Unfortunately, I'm afraid none of the two are the one I'm looking for. This had a real band (although it might have been just on a soundtrack, which makes it harder to find), and was very early in the '90s, like '90-'91, '92 at latest.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 3:14 am

Anthrax was on married with children. Not a hair metal band, nor a teen show, but wtf lol
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:42 pm

I loved that show when it was on but honestly don't remember much about it. There was a guest cameo by Ozzy (after an internet search) but that's about it and a mention of the band Nelson. No appearance that I could find by any band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Are you thinking of this?:

In 1997, Superfine appeared on the T.V. show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” with Rob Grad performing as a band member on the episode, “Teacher's Pet”.[4] In 2010, Grad left Superfine and put out his solo CD.

Rob Grad was the bassist in Kik Tracee.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:05 am

Quote :
This probably isn't the show you're looking for, but my kids were recently watching a "Full House" re-run where Uncle Jesse's band "The Rippers" tried jumping on the hair-metal bandwagon for their label showcase... which of course turned out terribly. Uncle Jesse even mentioned Ratt and Poison when he said that his band needed a "new look" to get noticed.

Is that the same episode in which Slaughter is in town and Danny attempts to adopt a rock persona for some reason or another?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?   Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair band appearing on a teen TV show in the early '90s?
Page 1 of 1