Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
Glower
Leatherface
the sentinel
Boris2008
Wurthless
candlemass
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
brokentulsa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:53 pm

32 Years ago today the album that started it all 'W.A.S.P.' was released....
The album originally exploded onto the scene without the intended leading track 'Animal (F*ck Like A Beast)' due to the record label objecting to it appearing on the album. Capitol would only be willing to release it as a single in Europe if it was contained within a black sleeve with a sticker warning of offensive lyrical content. 'Animal' was later reinstated as the leading track when the album was re-released 1997.
W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... 14047118_10154329683029088_1065968369277475773_o
W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... 14046120_10154329909004088_7981456275452136146_n
W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... 13996259_10154329937679088_4593838882302896460_o
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Animal F**k Like A Beast
1. I Wanna Be Somebody
2. L.O.V.E. Machine
3. The Flame
4. B.A.D.
5. School Daze
6. Hellion
7. Sleeping (In the Fire)
8. On Your Knees
9. Tormentor
10. The Torture Never Stops
Promotional Video Clips: 'I Wanna Be Somebody' & 'L.O.V.E. Machine'
Singles:‘I Wanna Be Somebody’ ‘L.O.V.E. Machine’ ‘Animal(F*ck Like A Beast)’ & ‘School Daze’

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:00 pm

I totally missed WASP the first time around.  At the time this album came out I was heavily into alternative, cowpunk and punk music.  In fact I never even heard a single song by WASP until "Babylon" came out.  That's when I dug into the back catalog to find what I'd been missing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Oh hells yes. One of the Ten Albums I Want Buried With Me When I Die.

The first W.A.S.P. disc belongs in the Metal Debut Album Hall Of Fame as far as I'm concerned. They've never topped it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 8:00 pm

What's amazing to me is that Blackie sounds exactly the same on Golgotha as he did on this album.

The only other singer I can think of who's voice has held up so well for the same amount of time is Steve Whiteman of Kix.   That guy too sounds just like he did 30 years ago.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 8:41 pm

I remember buying the debut, without hearing a single note and bought based on the notoriety at the time. Thankfully the music proved to be good and it was not all just image.

A few months later I saw the notorious 'Animal.." on vinyl, grabbed it and it was white vinyl. I remember it was such a big deal that song had the word f**k in it. Now adays, that song would not even raise an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:12 pm

One of those bands I never liked at all...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

i only really listen to this album and Crimson Idol from WASP. they're both phenomenal metal albums though.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 pm

I was pretty early into the WASP thing. Capitol wouldn't release the single so Music For Nations did and I bought it. By the time the album dropped it was a case of waiting outside the record shop to buy it on the day of release. Sleeping in the Fire is a top 20 metal track for me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Yeah. This one is a classic. I think I own two versions on disc and still have my cassette. I almost picked it up on vinyl a few weeks back but it was a bit pricey for an okay copy. "I Wanna Be Somebody" and "L.O.V.E Machine" are awesome and easy sing along anthems, but "Tormentor" and "Sleeping" are the deep faves for me. I wish I still had my "Live Animal" cassette from back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 1:20 am

Great record. I've been listening to some WASP this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 5:36 am

I remember when a city metal head stopped by my place with this cassette.
He had to let me hear it. He thought it was a killer band.
I was surprised at how much he wanted me to hear this.
Of course, I pretended to think it was " OK"...being cool....
"Sleeping " - I thought was demonic....Torture....on knees....Bad....???
I was 19 or 20....etc....
but then a few weeks later - I saw the videos that were coming out -
on late night TV....Night Flight....I think the show was called....
That was it. We bonded. It was a band 5 of us agreed with.
Never saw them live.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:23 am

Loved this album from the get go. The radio actually played a couple of tracks off it. I saw them live on this tour opening for KISS on their Animalize tour. Great show ! A couple of days later I bought the W.A.S.P. debut on vinyl at Radio Shack.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:18 pm

I was still a few years out before I'd have my own musical awakening, however I do remember being over my friend Erik's house and he played 'Animal' on his boom box that his older sister taped off a late night radio show. "Metal Shop" or something like that.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 am

Wow. Time does fly fast. I remember borrowing a w.a.s.p cassette from my friend in university back in 1993 and being blown away. Glad they are still around making good metal.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:13 am

"Metal Shop" and "Night Flight" there's 2 names I haven't heard in a while.
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:38 am

32 years...damn! One of my all-time favorites. I bought the album on cassette when it came out and fell in love with it, caught them opening for Maiden on the Powerslave tour which was pretty awesome to see as I was 11 around that time. Good times...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 11:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was still a few years out before I'd have my own musical awakening, however I do remember being over my friend Erik's house and he played 'Animal' on his boom box that his older sister taped off a late night radio show. "Metal Shop" or something like that.

My brother and I used to listen to Metal Shop every weekend! The Only Show With Teeth!! Bringing back some great musical memories.

But back to this album. It is a classic from start to finish!! I saw the video for L.O.V.E. Machine on Night Flight and I was hooked!! A desert island album for sure!
Back to top Go down
70srockfan
Metal novice
Metal novice
70srockfan

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Yes this is a classic still have all my cassettes. Listen to Blackie and the boys pretty regularly!!!! Live In The .....Raw is one of my favorites!!!!! W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... 604261 W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...   W.A.S.P.   32 years ago today it all started... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P. 32 years ago today it all started...
Page 1 of 1