Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Night - Deliverance

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Silent Night - Deliverance Empty
PostSubject: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Got my 10 year old with me today! We're listening to Deliverance - What
a Joke and their rendition of Silent Night (x-mas song) came on and he
says its WICKED!!!.......where'd he learn to talk like that anyway. Is it
wrong to call a Christmas song...."WICKED"?! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm

I love that track. I have a homemade Christmas compilation tape around the house somewhere that includes D's "Silent Night," Stryper's "Winter Wonderland/Reason for the Season," Bob & Doug MacKenzie's "12 Days Of Christmas" and numerous others...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm

I Love their version of Silent Night.Killer riff!Your 10 yr old is correct-it is wicked,wicked cool.Kids learn alot their first couple of years of school Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Awesome song! Funny thing happened when I was listening to it at work back in 2001 (the navy). A Christian friend of mine (a VERY over zealous Christian) couldn't understand how I could listen to a Christmas song with a band that was "yelling" and playing "noise". I tried to explain it but unfortunatly some Christians will always be hating on metal no matter what the message in the music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love that track. I have a homemade Christmas
compilation tape around the house somewhere that includes D's "Silent
Night," Stryper's "Winter Wonderland/Reason for the Season," Bob &
Doug MacKenzie's "12 Days Of Christmas" and numerous others...
LOL, actually, he got it from me I think, their home-schooled!
DOH!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Love it! Played it at a Christmas party in High School and it starts off so "normal" and then the metal begins....you should have seen everyone's faces!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:31 pm

LMAO!!! fainting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Every Christmas season I update my alternative (as in an alternative to standard Christmas music) cdr compilation that has stuff like this along with King Diamond's No Presents for Christmas, Vandals Oi to the World, Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis, ect so I have some holiday music that I like.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Awesome song! Funny thing happened when I was listening to it at work back in 2001 (the navy). A Christian friend of mine (a VERY over zealous Christian) couldn't understand how I could listen to a Christmas song with a band that was "yelling" and playing "noise". I tried to explain it but unfortunatly some Christians will always be hating on metal no matter what the message in the music.

Very true, plus a lot of them will claim all metal (even Christian metal) is "offensive", "evil", "blasphemous", and "obscene".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:45 pm

GREAT song! I love Deliverance! "What a Joke" was actually a pretty good album. Not sure why so many people seem to hate that one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:36 pm

blackieboy wrote:
GREAT song! I love Deliverance! "What a Joke" was actually a pretty good album. Not sure why so many people seem to hate that one.

I never understood that either.To me it has everything to make a perfect thrash album.Crunchy killer riffing,great songs.I guess alot of people didnt like the short songs thrown in or the humour,but I thought it was great.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 am

One of the fastest, tightest thrash albums ever made IMO. Lots of fun stuff on there too!

....cheeseburger...........MAKERDU!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:25 am

It's a great album!! I can leave the "fillers" but the actual songs are classic, essential Deliverance to me.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:00 am

I personally feel that "What a Joke" is 50x the album that "As Above - So Below" is.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:49 am

What a Joke is a favorite of mine, definitely top two in the
Deliverance catalogue for me. But I thought As Above-So Below smoked! I
don't think the two compare to each other, two completely different
styles....not to mention bands!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 am

Sleeeeeeeeeeep in heeeeeeaaaaavenlyyyyyyy......
(dramatic pause)
PEACE!!!!
(Mosh part)
headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Night - Deliverance   Silent Night - Deliverance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Night - Deliverance
Page 1 of 1