Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coroner's grin

Go down 
+2
Boris2008
Gilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm

So i went into this tiny record shop and saw coroner's grin cd sitting on a dusty old shelf.

Picked it up blindly and gave it a spin in my car, only to find out how awesome it is. Pure thrash worship.

I also read that this cd is long out of print, so paying 15$ for it was a good deal i guess.

Anyone else owns this album? Any opinion?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:17 pm

I like it. One day I'll snag a vinyl copy that I won't need a mortgage for.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 3:38 pm

I owned Grin for a spell. If memory serves, I got it pretty cheap from the FYE used bins. I have since sold it on ebay not that long ago for much more than I paid for it.

I had a few Coroner cds, but they never did much for me.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

I've always loved Grin and think it's my fave Coroner album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:50 am

It's a great CD, just like all the rest of their albums! They obviously got more experimental and progressive on the last two. "Serpent Moves" has one of my all time favorite solos.

I'm anxious to hear something new from them (hopefully in the near future).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:13 am

Has anyone got the s/t? I saw that CD for sale but it wasn't cheap. I still nearly pulled the trigger but I haven't heard it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:28 pm

My favorite album of theirs. Discovered these guys thanks to HoM. It's also one of the few albums I use for my workouts.

Boris2008 wrote:
Has anyone got the s/t? I saw that CD for sale but it wasn't cheap. I still nearly pulled the trigger but I haven't heard it.

Only in boot form. The few times I've seen what seems to be an original pressing resulted in having to push my eyes back in their sockets after looking at the prices.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Only in boot form. The few times I've seen what seems to be an original pressing resulted in having to push my eyes back in their sockets after looking at the prices.

It's true. I saw it happen...
Coroner's grin ZWYH9nd

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 1:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

It's true. I saw it happen...
Coroner's grin ZWYH9nd

lol!

I was trying to find the Bloom County strip of Opus bulging his eyes out at something and thereafter stating something like "I gotta stop doing that" in complete misery. Lo, my search has failed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coroner's grin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner's grin   Coroner's grin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coroner's grin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: