Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slauter Xstroyes

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
HeavyThrashhead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:51 pm

man, i had to run this band through your guys search engine and no results came up wich almost suprises me, this is a killer band that i have been getting into recently.

one of the earliest Progressive Metal bands next to Fates Warning, Queensryche, Savatage and such and such. heavier and rawer but still a great band. sadly their highly regarded debut lp Winter Kill still ends up fetching for ridiculous amounts of ca$h but is a great album nonetheless, but their second album Free the Beast is also very good, more Power Metal and less progressive sounding than the debut (eventhough i see their debut as a early Epic/Power/Progressive Metal album) but still is pretty solid.

just a great band.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 6:44 am

I've always wondered how the hell you pronounce "Xstroyes"....???

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Eck-stroy-ez" apparently. Weird.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:42 am

I own both of their albums and I can understand why nobody here talks about them. Their first album sounds very low budget - because of course it was- and their vocalist is definitely an acquired taste. Also, their albums have been out of print for almost twenty years. Hello obscurity!

Anyway, I like them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:49 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

"Eck-stroy-ez" apparently.  Weird.

Made-up unpronounceable words ist krieg! tr00

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

"Eck-stroy-ez" apparently.  Weird.

Made-up unpronounceable words ist krieg! tr00

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 10:42 am

Better than I expected, but not something I'd listen to very often.

Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I own both of their albums and I can understand why nobody here talks about them.  Their first album sounds very low budget - because of course it was- and their vocalist is definitely an acquired taste.  Also, their albums have been out of print for almost twenty years.  Hello obscurity!

Anyway, I like them.  

yes, their debut does have a demo-sound to it and their singer is an anquired taste but what really matters is the attitude and the energy.

Winter Kill was repressed in 2009 but since then has gone back to being Out of Print. Free the Beast (just like the debut) was repressed in 2009 and is still in print.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 6:58 pm

I like the name but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 10:11 pm

i f*cking love these guys. i think i mentioned them in the "bands that rule" thread that uncle sax made a while back.

i like the first album more than the second (Free the Beast tends to sound a little too over the top for me at some points), and i think the production, though lo-fi, is killer. i really love the guitar tone. and the vocals slay.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 12:28 am

Wurthless wrote:
i f*cking love these guys. i think i mentioned them in the "bands that rule" thread that uncle sax made a while back.

i like the first album more than the second (Free the Beast tends to sound a little too over the top for me at some points), and i think the production, though lo-fi, is killer. i really love the guitar tone. and the vocals slay.

yeah, Paul Kratky's guitar tone is killer. love his tone.

i will agree with you that Winter Kill is their best (mostly the writing and overall atmosphere) but not to take anything away from Free the Beast, but i mostly refer to the 6 songs wich make up the album, the songs recorded in 1983 and 1984 are actually good tracks as well, abit more primitive (since they are early songs), i also like Naj track wich would turn into the song Winter Kill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slauter Xstroyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slauter Xstroyes   Slauter Xstroyes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slauter Xstroyes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: