Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Come

Go down 
+14
brokentulsa
deathisgain
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
chewie
mikeinfla
Gilbert
nevermore
MetalGuy71
manny
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Glower
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kingdom Come - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:23 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I have 9 albums by this band

9 albums? Shocked Wow. I had no idea they were so prolific. I thought they had maybe 3 or 4 tops. I figured after the success/infamy of the first 2, they'd just kinda limp into the sunset as their 15 minutes were up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:46 am

K.C. is pretty much the "Lenny Wolf and Friends Project" nowadays isn't it? I was under the impression that since the original band splintered he kept on truckin' with a revolving cast of backup musicians.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 11:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
K.C. is pretty much the "Lenny Wolf and Friends Project" nowadays isn't it? I was under the impression that since the original band splintered he kept on truckin' with a revolving cast of backup musicians.

So it would seem. I was just reading up on them and yea, it's all Lenny's show now. Still, nine albums seems like allot to me for a band that received such bad press and negativity over the years. You'd think he would've folded up by now. Good for him keep-on keepin'-on, I guess.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 6:24 am

Year Album US UK[8] Certification
1988 Kingdom Come 12 43 Gold
1989 In Your Face 49 25 -
1991 Hands of Time - - -
1993 Bad Image - - -
1995 Twilight Cruiser - - -
1996 Live & Unplugged - - -
1997 Master Seven - - -
2000 Too - - -
2002 Independent - - -
2004 Perpetual - - -
2006 Ain't Crying for the Moon - - -
2009 Magnified - - -
2011 Rendered Waters - - -
2013 Outlier

I was surprised too - had to look it up -
But wow - they made it all the way up to -
"the Monsters of Rock" - concert
not many bands can claim that -
To go on before Metallica, back then, no thanks Smile
I think of the Blues Brothers - behind chicken wire -
at that Country Western bar -
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Glower wrote:

1991 Hands of Time - - -

1995 Twilight Cruiser - - -

2006 Ain't Crying for the Moon - - -

I have most of there cd's but the 3 above are worth picking up imho.  "Twilight Cruiser"  definitely........
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Kingdom Come has called it quits via Facebook:

Lenny Wolf wrote:

Thoughts on the run

Dear Kingdom Come soldiers, fans and friends!

The Kingdom Come ship has reached its final destination, at least during my visit on our planet earth.

My decision is mainly caused by experiences I made throughout the last 3 years, during which the fun factor disappeared more and more, and our energy and hopes have repeatedly been crushed by people and circumstances beyond our control. Some folks out there may not believe it, but it’s NOT all about money. I realized that chasing something which seems is not meant to be, trying to force things, would never lead to something good. Therefore it’s time to let go.

Allow me to give you a brief insight into my modest self.

I’m happy about every camera NOT pointing at me. I’m happy about every email or Facefuck message I’m NOT receiving. I’m a rather private dude, who enjoys cruising through life without much noise, among true friends. Public recognition means nothing to me. It’s a sweet momentary kick, which helped me persuade the girls in my former wild days, but in the end it means nothing, and did not get me to a higher spiritual level. So I decided I'd rather sit on my boat and watch the birds shit on my head, NOT trying to figure out the sense of live.
For reference revisit my song “Inhaling the Silence”. Only took me 50 years to figure that out. ;-)

It was a nice and overdue experience to share the stage with my old time Kingdom Come fellows, Johnny B Frank and Danny Stag one more time, which we finally came around to on our Florida cruise 2016. I never thought I would enjoy being locked up with so many people on a boat, but it was a great experience and a good way to organize my mind. That’s what the ocean can do for you! ;-)

It’s been a fantastic 30 year long musical ride, for which I can only be VERY grateful. Having gone through good and bad times, in the end it was an exceptional way to explore our planet, having met countless wonderful people around the globe and building up memories that can not be taken away from me, or you.

I’m not saying that I will never write a song again, or never again enter a stage, but the chapter called “Kingdom Come” is now closed. One day I may revisit the music scene with a new band called "Iron Banana", but until then, it is what it is.

I hope the Kingdom Come songs have given many of you energy, joy and strength, as they did for me. The Kingdom Come songs will live on, long after we all have turned to dust, and will hopefully do the same for many generations to come, unless of course, we have blown up our planet before then.

Not every decision I made was of glamorous choice, but hey, I’m only human. Before ending this note, I would like to express my personal gratitude to the following people who have held up the Kingdom Come flag in good, or bad times.

Marko Wolf, Felix Lethmate, Dirk Rhode, Ulf Zick, Derek Shulman, Olly Hahn, Jim Lewis, Rebecca Taylor, Dave Takas, Kate Deem, Bob Rock, Michael Miller, Matthias, Thorsten & Marc from “Just Music” Hamburg, Stan Diamond, Jens Reinhold, Carsten Wodniczak, Frank Trzaskowski, Alex Kovolev, Angelo Schiliro, Ingrid Kaplja Kreuzer, Martina Pokorny, Lotti, Olliver Sittl, Sepp Danner, Tommy Demetrov, Elke Friess.

And last, but not least, all the talented musicians who have contributed their fantastic playing skills to all the Kingdom Come records. Detailed info about who played what & where, can be found on our old website.

Should I have forgotten somebody, sorry, I’ll buy you dinner.

Marty Wolff, I miss you and I thank you!

To end it with Danny’s words: “The end, the beginning ………”

Ahoy, and the very best to you all !

Lenny

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 pm

I liked them but honestly if I did not subscribe to Classic Rock Magazine who reviewed their albums whenever they were released I would have figured that they had hung it up 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 11:03 pm

Kingdom Come - Page 2 Kingdomcome-2018tour
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 11:26 pm

I was into these guys for awhile. I saw them at the Orange Bowl during the Monsters of Rock
show in Miami,FL. We got drenched watching them and Dokken but even with a little lightning,
the show went on! As for all the albums, I believe the 1st 2 are of the original band and the later
releases were just glorified Lenny Wolf solo albums. Probably a record deal made Lenny keep
the Kingdom Come name. Not sure. I remember being pleasantly surprised with The Hands
Of Time, but all the rest didn’t do much for me album wise. Maybe 1 or 2 songs were good
on the newer releases, but not like the 1st 3 albums imo.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 2:27 am

Ok, wasn't sure what that 30th Anniversary thing was so I looked it up:

Big news for Kingdom Come fans as four of the five original band members are reuniting but minus the voice of the band to tour in celebration of the group’s 30th year anniversary and where they plan on performing the group’s debut self-titled album in its entirety.

Drummer James Kottak (1987-89), lead guitarist Danny Stag, rhythm guitarist Rick Steier (1987-89) and bassist Johnny “JB” Frank are reuniting under the name Kingdom Come but with a new lead vocalist who is none other than former Montrose singer Keith St. John. The four original band members are forging ahead without lead vocalist Lenny Wolf

Which is confusing because if you look for their website you get Lenny's website so I assume he owns the name.... I'm sure Ratt like lawsuits will follow before this tour ever happens.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Lenny put his iteration of Kingdom Come to rest in 2016 and James was apparently asking him to be part of the reunion for a while, but he has no interest in it. That said, I imagine the most difficult part of this thing will be getting booked. Given the issue with concert publicity pointed out in the Anvil thread, how many people are going to hear about this, much less care about Kingdom Come in 2018?

That said, I will absolutely go see this if it comes anywhere near me. I definitely wasn't expecting Keith St. John to step in on vocals, but that sure makes it interesting.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 5:06 am

Also, I wish they were playing In Your Face in its entirety instead. I think it's a much stronger album overall.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 7:21 am

Without Lenny Wolf you can expect to see then opening for Frankie Banali's Quiet Riot Experience or Bobby Blotzer's Ratt at a BBQ joint near you.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 10:00 pm

I saw this on another site earlier today and I was like WTF? The first 3 KC albums still get tons of regular spins from me, but Lenny is the voice of the band. Imho, w/out him, it really doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 11:54 am

the sentinel wrote:
I saw this on another site earlier today and I was like WTF? The first 3 KC albums still get tons of regular spins from me, but Lenny is the voice of the band. Imho, w/out him, it really doesn't matter.

I'm not much of a fan to begin with, but yea, this sounds like kind of a tough sell. The vocals seemed like the hook for this band, the guitarist being secondary and then the rest of the guys.

Maybe folks will show up to see if James Kottak goes off the rails again. drunken

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Without Lenny Wolf what is the point? I am sure they will not be any legal action taken by Lenny Wolf since Kingdom Come were not exactly packing stadiums even in their heyday.

What I find interesting is that Greta Van Fleet who are receiving all sorts of critical acclaim for sounding like Led Zeppelin is the very thing that Kingdom Come were damned for. Like Ratt said 'What comes around/goes around'
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 12:39 am

Honestly I have only heard the first album. Had it on cassette when it was new and bought it on vinyl for $1 a couple of years ago. Have never heard anything else.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 3:02 pm

manny wrote:
Without Lenny Wolf what is the point? I am sure they will not be any legal action taken by Lenny Wolf since Kingdom Come were not exactly packing stadiums even in their heyday.

What I find interesting is that Greta Van Fleet who are receiving all sorts of critical acclaim for sounding like Led Zeppelin is the very thing that Kingdom Come were damned for. Like Ratt said 'What comes around/goes around'

Although I don't have any evidence to back it up, I seem to recall that back in the day when Kingdom Come was accused of ripping off Led Zep, their response was "Led Who? Never heard of 'em.". They pretty much denied any and all similarities, which is why folks like myself thought they were douche nozzles.

Greta Van Fleet at least admits their influence.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:06 pm

glassprison wrote:
Also, I wish they were playing In Your Face in its entirety instead. I think it's a much stronger album overall.

Sure is!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:32 am

I used to own their debut on cassette and saw them as the opening act on the Monsters Of Rock tour. I now own on cd the Millennium Collection, which I think is great. It's a great listen. I have to say that without Lenny Wolf, I have no interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Kingdom Come - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Come
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2