Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todays CD Haul

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Tired of losing on Ebay, I decided to hit the road and buy some cds I have wanted forever and ever. In the mail also came a bunch of discounts from BMG. I've got alot of new music to listen to.

Cradle of Filth - Thornography
Deicide - Once upon the Cross
Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Obituary - Frozen in Time
Obituary - Cause of Death
Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl
Primus - Pork Soda
Ratt - Out of the Cellar
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush - Moving Pictures
Type O Negative - October Rust
W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.

Did not find Deicide - Legion or King Diamond - Conspiracy, which were my high on the want list.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:35 pm

all great selections, with exceptions of Primus & that particular COF.

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Are you a fan of COF? I saw in the store today a mini box set of all there old stuff. I am so thinking about getting it. I have never heard any of the old stuff. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Today I managed to goto a store where they sell used cd's and picked up:

Van Halen - 1984

Black Sabbath - sabotage

KISS -unplugged

Slayer - Christ Illusion

Will be getting these by mail next week:

Paul stanley - paul stanley

Quiet riot - metal health

black sabbath - paranoid
Back to top Go down

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:12 pm

I so want to get 1984 again. I really like that one alot.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Heath...What DEICIDE discs are you seeking?

The FYE near my work has like 3 or 4 of their cds in their used bin for like $7 or $8 each...

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:25 pm

Oh man really! Legion, Serpents. I'd buy them all except for Once Upon The Cross, are they sawmarked, or hole punched?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:27 pm

I don't know....I'll top after work someday this week and check on the titles and stuff then let you know and if you want them, I'll snag them....cool?

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:29 pm

Shiney wrote:
I don't know....I'll top after work someday this week and check on the titles and stuff then let you know and if you want them, I'll snag them....cool?
Yes, thanks a million! much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Are you a fan of COF? I saw in the store today a mini box set of all there old stuff. I am so thinking about getting it. I have never heard any of the old stuff. Any thoughts?
not a fan really, i only like Principle, Dusk, & Vempire. those first 3 were pretty good. that was before they got caught up in their own hype.

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:08 pm

I have really no idea about them. I like a song her and there off of Nymphetamine, mostly the faster stuff.

Any thoughts on this? Are these the good releases? http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Filth-Box-Set/dp/B00000AWIZ
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:13 pm

honestly, that is one of those cash grab releases by a former record company. it's not even supported by the band. you'd be better off just going on Ebay & buying The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh, Vempire E.P, or Dusk & her Embrace. those are the only ones before their goth sound took over & youy could get them alot cheaper than that boxed set.

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
honestly, that is one of those cash grab releases by a former record company. it's not even supported by the band. you'd be better off just going on Ebay & buying The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh, Vempire E.P, or Dusk & her Embrace. those are the only ones before their goth sound took over & youy could get them alot cheaper than that boxed set.
ok, will do. I appreciate the advice.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:40 pm

Did you get the ones you bought used or new Heath?
Back to top Go down

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:59 pm

Everything new. Some were deals from BMG, the others were FYE. I have a discount card for 10 percent. So I buy in bulk from them, for bigger discount. On my B-Day I get 20 percent off. I am going to clean up on my B- Day
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:00 am

I only buy used stuff at FYE there prices are sooooo high!!!!

And I am soooooo cheap!!

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 11:03 am

Yeah, I live in the center of Hip Hop. The entire used bin was Hip Hop. I've got about 30 cds I have wanted for the longest. Most likely the only cds I will buy from them. I like to use Ebay alot, I almost never pay more then 5 or 6 myself
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 1:03 pm

October Rust is always a good purchase! Not quite as good as Bloody Kisses though.

Todays CD Haul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays CD Haul   Todays CD Haul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays CD Haul
Page 1 of 1