Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Them (The Band)

Go down 
+6
ZombieHavoc
666_Evil_666
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
ultmetal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Check out this band. HIGHLY influenced by King Diamond/Mercyful Fate.
https://them6.bandcamp.com/album/fear-them-tour-edition

Administrator
ultmetal

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

It's well done (those riffs are pretty tight), but I mean, why not just listen to King Diamond? It's even got the transition from falsetto to the gritty pseudo-talking vocals that King does.

I would be more on board with this if the vocals weren't trying to emulate his style and instead brought something new to the table.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:55 pm

I wonder if they started out as a Mercyful Fate/KD tribute band?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Wurthless wrote:
It's well done (those riffs are pretty tight), but I mean, why not just listen to King Diamond? It's even got the transition from falsetto to the gritty pseudo-talking vocals that King does.

I would be more on board with this if the vocals weren't trying to emulate his style and instead brought something new to the table.

I initially thought the same thing, but it's done well enough that I'd probably listen to it. King Diamond can't record forever.

Actually, my initial thought was "Why is Ult starting a thread about Van Morrison's 60's garage band?" and that I would immediately pounce and say they were NOT metal and therefore don't belong, along with some cussing and otherwise insulting comments.

But then I listened to the clip. Sounds fine to me.

Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I initially thought the same thing, but it's done well enough that I'd probably listen to it. King Diamond can't record forever.

Actually, my initial thought was "Why is Ult starting a thread about Van Morrison's 60's garage band?" and that I would immediately pounce and say they were NOT metal and therefore don't belong, along with some cussing and otherwise insulting comments.

But then I listened to the clip. Sounds fine to me.

Look another special snowflake that finds insults out of posts that are not insults.

As for the song, not bad, although trying way to hard to emulate King Diamond on vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:24 pm

YAY!! I'm special!!

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:27 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Y'know, I had never seen the term "special snowflake" used around this forum till the Class of 2016 started showing up. Now it pops up every hour or two. (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Ha, metal or not, I was hoping it was a thread about the 60s Them.

People like to talk about ferocity in metal, but in my mind there is nothing more ferocious than some of those snarling, snotty 60s bands. Again, not claiming any of it is metal (though it's certainly a building block/stepping stone, considering how many of the bands/musicians who were part of the early 70s metal scene came directly out of the 60s garage scene--with a stopover in 1969 psychedelic hippie land first, of course), but those bands rip.

I'll give this Them a listen though. I like King Diamond, so.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Y'know, I had never seen the term "special snowflake" used around this forum till the Class of 2016 started showing up. Now it pops up every hour or two. (shrugs)

It's a nicer version of "whiny ass p*ssy."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

I was expecting a thread about the '50s giant-ant movie! lol!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:40 pm

666_Evil_666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Who's whining? I'm with you dude. Let's shake things up here.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I was expecting a thread about the '50s giant-ant movie! lol!

Or a thread about a 21st century French home invasion movie's translated title even?

*Ils

Them (The Band) A56cf677dfba791f605a050e2b32d80a
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
666_Evil_666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I sense sarcasm lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
YAY!! I'm special!!

Them (The Band) 44370492
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Actually, that music isn't too bad. I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:36 pm

666_Evil_666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
666_Evil_666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I sense sarcasm lol!

Just one of the many services I provide here, at little-to-no-cost to the members of this forum. All I ask in return is the occasional Laughing very hard , Rolling Eyes or headbanger

Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
666_Evil_666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
666_Evil_666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I sense sarcasm lol!

Just one of the many services I provide here, at little-to-no-cost to the members of this forum. All I ask in return is the occasional Laughing very hard , Rolling Eyes  or headbanger

We need more of this in society, some laughter. The world is a f*cked up place. People get easily offended, and can't have fun with a laugh. It's a shame that it has jumped to heavy metal.

Back to the topic.

I want to hear more of this stuff. I think with time I would enjoy it more, I do enjoy some King Diamond/Mercyful Fate.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:57 pm

My friend saw them and he said they sucked.. So I'm fearful to click the link..
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wonder if they started out as a Mercyful Fate/KD tribute band?

They did.

Administrator
ultmetal

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 4:07 pm

choosemetal wrote:
My friend saw them and he said they sucked.. So I'm fearful to click the link..

Well, this CD doesn't suck, so give it a listen and see for yourself.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Do you like THEM more than:

1.  PORTRAIT
2. ATTIC
3. DARK NIGHT
4. A TORTURED SOUL
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Do you like THEM more than:

1.  PORTRAIT
2.  ATTIC
3.  DARK NIGHT
4.  A TORTURED SOUL

If you are asking me, I've only heard Portrait and I enjoyed them as well. I think THEM has a different sound though. A bit more modern and more thrash influences.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:06 am

I like Portrait. Now there's a band that sounds heavily influenced by MF/KD without sounding like a clone.

Them (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them (The Band)   Them (The Band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them (The Band)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next