Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II

Go down 
+8
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Glower
nevermore
chewie
MetalGuy71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Empty
PostSubject: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Wylde-300x300

1. Autumn Changes
 2. Tears of December
 3. Lay Me Down
 4. Lost Prayer
 5. Darkest Hour
 6. The Levee
 7. Eyes of Burden
 8. Forgotten Memory
 9. Yesterday's Tears
 10. Harbors of Pity
 11. Sorrowed Regret
 12. Useless Apologies
 13. Sleeping Dogs
 14. The King

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm not a big Zack fan, but I do like his acoustic stuff.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:14 pm

I really like the new song.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3171

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 am

Dumb title for the CD. He f'd up that.
So what's the rest going to be like. . . Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 am

I have been a big Zack/ BLS fan for years now, but this is like the third acoustic release. I will get it b/c it will be good, but the novelty is wearing off.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am

He's probably mt favorite Ozzy guitarist, but I've never been able to get into anything he's done since, I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 am

I'd rather get his Black Label Society discography but I'm woefully behind on that. I only have the debut.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:50 am

the sentinel wrote:
I have been a big Zack/ BLS fan for years now, but this is like the third acoustic release. I will get it b/c it will be good, but the novelty is wearing off.

Yea, I'm kinda in the same boat here. I've enjoyed just about everything he's attached his name to, but the acoustic albums rank pretty low in his discography. When Zakk slows things down, his voice sometimes sounds like a cat with it's tail caught in a wringer. He's better plugged-in, harmonic squeals and all.

Since I've got everything else, I'm sure I'll pick this up at some point, but it's hardly a priority.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yea, I'm kinda in the same boat here. I've enjoyed just about everything he's attached his name to, but the acoustic albums rank pretty low in his discography. When Zakk slows things down, his voice sometimes sounds like a cat with it's tail caught in a wringer. He's better plugged-in, harmonic squeals and all.

Since I've got everything else, I'm sure I'll pick this up at some point, but it's hardly a priority.

Same here. I'll get it eventually, but it's not a priority.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am

His acoustic albums seem to pop-up quite frequently in the used bins at FYE. I'm willing to wait it out for this one too. Laughing

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 pm

I have most of everything Zakk has done except Book of Shadows and Hangover. I'll pick these and this new one up at some point.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm

I really like this tune, but like all of his stuff I will get it later.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Fifth, actually, but I still wouldn't call it a novelty. It's been 20 years and probably just as many albums since the first Book of Shadows was released.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:22 am

In anticipation of this new one, I revisited the original Book of Shadows album over the weekend. It actually sounds better than I remembered. Still not great, but aged pretty decent. I don't think it's made me more anxious for this sequel, but still.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:22 pm

WANT! greedy

RYM is showing a release date of April 8th though:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/zakk_wylde/book_of_shadows_ii/
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 2:15 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
WANT! greedy

RYM is showing a release date of April 8th though:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/zakk_wylde/book_of_shadows_ii/

Hmmmm, so does Amazon. I guess I'm in a 3-week time delay.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 8:59 am

I think it has more to do with "acoustic" having it's time and place. When I come home after working the second shift and I want to unwind with something mellow, then acoustic does the trick. I probably have about 2 dozen or so albums, but it's not something I spin often (faves like Helloween and Europe don't get that much play time) even though I was enamored with the whole "unplugged" craze on Mtv back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 pm

The posted song is really good. Kind of stuff i would listen to while working late at the firm.

Will definitely get this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II   Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: