Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:03 pm

I posted this at my other home on the www and I'd like to see what folks here say as well since many of you don't post at the CMR...

I won a "Buy It Now" auction on Ebay for Iced Earth's new one..Framing Armagedon. $8.95 and FREE shipping so I jumped at the chance once I made sure it wasn't a promo or whatever. I didn't even pay attention (or care) how it was shipped because it was FREE.

Well....a DAY later the thing comes!! Remember I bought the thing for $8.95 and he ships it for $16.25!!!!! Why on Earth would somebody do this? Sure enough, I go back to the item and it says "free Overnight Delivery".

Well, my personality won't let this lie sleeping. I email the dude asking why he would take a $7.30 loss. His response was "Don't go crazy man! Some people get lucky! that's you! Regards!!!"...... I still don't get WHY??? What would this serve. Now I'm worried that it's some sort of scam or something. I paid with paypal...can someone somehow back trace your payment and access your account? I pay via my checking account. Maybe I'm just being silly. Maybe he accidently posted free overnight shipping and didn't catch it in time.....after all I did win the item just hours after he posted it.

What I'm wondering about is the thoughts of the good people here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Maybe he posted the buy it now by mistake and was hoping for a bigger pay off in the end? scratch Who knows? That's cool though, but yeah I'd keep checking my bank balance just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 pm

First, change you Paypal password to be safe. Second, make sure the URL pointing to this auction is legit. It should start with http://cgi.ebay.com and then the rest. If the URL is cool, you should be all set. Maybe the guy made a mistake.

As long as you didn't bid on a bogus version of eBay, then you should be fine. But you still could change passwords on eBay and Paypal to be safe.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks guys! The URL is exactly that....but I am gonna change my password just to be safe.....you never know. And it's definately the real Ebay....
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 pm

maybe this guy works for some shipping outfit and they don't charge him to ship....I used to be able to UPS stuff from a job once for free....a perk.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:17 pm

i'm sure he makes more on other auctions that go for higher. it probably makes up the difference on the few possible losses he takes on.

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 pm

If he is a newer seller, he probably just made a mistake when listing
and made good on his agreement. His return email to you was just
frustration at his own stupidity. He probably had no idea how
much overnight shipping cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:05 pm

I'd still be asking him for a better explanation. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:15 pm

i'd like to see a link to the transaction. this will open up past sales he has had & what they went for. that will tell the tale. i'm willing to bet that many other auctions he listed went for a lot more than what he opened with. thus.. justifying a loss on shipping down the road.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:10 am

He's had 111 transactions on Ebay since 03 with 100% feedback so I guess it's just one of those things. Like he said - Don't go crazy! Some people get lucky! That's you!!

This is his Ebay ID -
prophetaxxi

He has this overnight shipping on another item. He's also sold some larger or pricier items.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:21 am

lol look at his overall score... he knows what he is doing. he is not losing anything. you were just lucky enough to catch a huge break in shipping. enjoy your purchase.. i paid 12.99 for mine. Very Happy

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:30 am

Very Happy I guess!! Just caught me off guard when I saw $16.25 shipping on the Express Mail package......

It's a shame in this day and age everything is looked at with a skeptics eye....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:57 am

There's definitely something off about this guy. Did you look at his feedback and check out what he's selling and buying? He's buying some of the oddest things, even spending $910 on a keyboard:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160122395078

And $1050 on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320135162319

He's got something going on. Looks like he may be buying things to resell at profit, but there's no rhyme or reason to it, it seems. Very odd. And I'm not sure how you explain his overnight shipping deal because he did it for a bunch of things he sold at less that $16.25. Weird.

EDIT: And because the internet allows people to do creepy things, here's our seller in question with his new guitars:

http://www.myspace.com/prophetaxxi

I actually feel kind of awkward posting that. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:22 am

Cool Eyesore!! The guy just may be a little "off"....harmlessly so, I hope, but just "off"....

In his favor are his favorite bands/influences:

GUITARRISTS: J. Petrucci, Y. J. Malmsteen, J. Satriane, F. Solari,
Steve morse, Z. Wylde, S.R.V the list goes on...
BANDS: Dream Theater, Threshold, Angra, Rhapsody, Sonata Artica,
Masterplan, Andromeda, Vanden Plas, Narnia, Balance of Power and
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 10:37 am

Shiney wrote:
maybe this guy works for some shipping outfit and they don't charge him to ship....I used to be able to UPS stuff from a job once for free....a perk.

I've done that a few times. I dropped off ebay stuff at the mail-room at work and shipped it on the company's dime. Allot of people must have been doing it because it was eventually brought to an end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 9:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I've done that a few times. I dropped off ebay stuff at the mail-room at work and shipped it on the company's dime. Allot of people must have been doing it because it was eventually brought to an end.
We have a foaming machine here at work. My eBay packaging is outstanding! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?   Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Ebay transaction.....what are your thoughts on this?
Page 1 of 1