Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alias

Go down 
+5
Shawn Of Fire
the sentinel
tohostudios
Vexer6
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Anyone familiar with this short-lived AOR hard rock supergroup?  They had a few hits but never really took off.  

They also had the distinction of performing twice on the Tonight Show, once with Johnny Carson and once with Jay Leno, found the former but the latter hasn't turned up yet.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 7:43 am

Is this the Alias whose lead singer used to front the band Sheriff?  If so, I bought this CD back in the day because I really dug the Sheriff album but I found this one bland. 

Alias 9k=

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 am

I vaguely remember these guys. I remember seeing their records in the shops and the song you posted somewhat rings a bell. Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:16 am

Strong album...great singer...former members of Heart as well as Sherriff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 am

I sorta remember the band but that song doesn't sound familiar at all. Not a bad song though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 am

I remember picking this one up at a thrift store because the cover looked neat and there was a little name recognition. The music was a little too slick and AOR for my tastes though. I think I got some nice coin for it on ebay.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 am

I was in 7th grade when this album came out and never heard anything from it, but I had a promo postcard for the album. At that time, I'd often write fan letters to bands I liked, which resulted in getting random promo postcards in the mail (and once, a promo single, which I felt cool as hell about, Aldo Nova's "Blood on the Bricks"). So since I had the Alias postcard, I was always hot to hear it but never saw any videos and never saw the album at the store.

I did finally hear them in the internet age. I like it well enough. Pretty good AOR. If I had heard it back in 7th grade though, I am sure I would not have liked it much--they would not have been metal enough for me and my Vixen and Slaughter albums! Heh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:31 pm

I got a promotional tape of this one when it first came out, from a buddy who had a connection at the local Sam Goody ... he didn't care for it much and neither did I. I was in my full-on All Thrash All The Time phase so obviously Alias was way too AOR for me. I kept it around for a while as a curiosity/collectors' item but eventually ditched it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:47 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I was in 7th grade when this album came out and never heard anything from it, but I had a promo postcard for the album. At that time, I'd often write fan letters to bands I liked, which resulted in getting random promo postcards in the mail (and once, a promo single, which I felt cool as hell about, Aldo Nova's "Blood on the Bricks"). So since I had the Alias postcard, I was always hot to hear it but never saw any videos and never saw the album at the store.

I did finally hear them in the internet age. I like it well enough. Pretty good AOR. If I had heard it back in 7th grade though, I am sure I would not have liked it much--they would not have been metal enough for me and my Vixen and Slaughter albums! Heh.

Nice! "Blood on the Bricks" is a cool tune. I remember first hearing on one of those free "Concrete Corner" comps that only gave you the first minute or so of a song.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I remember picking this one up at a thrift store because the cover looked neat and there was a little name recognition. The music was a little too slick and AOR for my tastes though. I think I got some nice coin for it on ebay.

Same here. Still have my copy, i`ll gladly let it go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 am

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Nice! "Blood on the Bricks" is a cool tune. I remember first hearing on one of those free "Concrete Corner" comps that only gave you the first minute or so of a song.

Yeah, I like the song too--though despite that promo, I've never bought the album in the 25 years since. Ha. Over the years I did pick up the s/t album and a best of collection though. I dig Aldo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alias   Alias Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alias
Page 1 of 1