Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour

Go down 
+3
Boris2008
tohostudios
Wurthless
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Empty
PostSubject: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:43 pm

As a huge Gabriel fan and a casual fan of the Police, I'm fairly interested in this. Maybe a cool live album will come out of it?

And what with the rash of musician deaths recently, I feel as though Pete should reach out for some sort of Genesis reunion (maybe even just a single show) before they all croak too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Wurthless wrote:

As a huge Gabriel fan and a casual fan of the Police, I'm fairly interested in this. Maybe a cool live album will come out of it?

And what with the rash of musician deaths recently, I feel as though Pete should reach out for some sort of Genesis reunion (maybe even just a single show) before they all croak too.

I like the idea. I'm not a huge fan of either but I appreciate both guys' solo stuff to a degree. I'm probably more into Gabriel's solo work but I like Sting with the Police.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

It sounds hideous. I like Peter Gabriel about 1000 times more than any other member of Genesis which means that I merely dislike his stuff but when you add Sting it becomes something truly despicable! affraid
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Laughing very hard

I thought I was the resident Genesis hater on this board. Apparently not. lol!

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Genesis was one of the best bands on the planet when Gabriel and Steve Hackett were still in the band.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 am

I'd agree with that. From Trespass til the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway were all stellar records.

And I really love pretty much everything Gabriel's done. For some reason his music just strikes a chord with me.

The b-side of Synchronicity by the Police is also for some strange reason one of my favorite sequences of songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 4:06 am

Wurthless wrote:
I'd agree with that. From Trespass til the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway were all stellar records.

A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering were pretty good too. It was when Hackett left that the rot set in.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 5:53 pm

I've never been able to get into those albums for some reason. It's likely just Gabriel's presence that I miss, haha.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Citanul wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering were pretty good too.  It was when Hackett left that the rot set in.

I actually like "And then There Were Three" and to an extent "Duke", but yes, the band was far better with Steve Hackett.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 8:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Genesis was one of the best bands on the planet when Gabriel and Steve Hackett were still in the band.

They were a great band back then, I didn't discover the early Genesis albums until later in life and they are great albums. I remember one of my first reactions, outside of Hackett's playing was discovering that Phil Collins was a great drummer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 8:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

They were a great band back then, I didn't discover the early Genesis albums until later in life and they are great albums. I remember one of my first reactions, outside of Hackett's playing was discovering that Phil Collins was a great drummer.

Maybe but Phil Collins is annoying as hell as a lead singer, at least to my ears.  Razz   He's the main reason I don't like Genesis.  I'm still pissed that I missed signing that petition to the UN to stop Phil Collins.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:15 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Citanul wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering were pretty good too.  It was when Hackett left that the rot set in.

I actually like "And then There Were Three" and to an extent "Duke", but yes, the band was far better with Steve Hackett.

Yeah, it wasn't a dramatic change after Hackett left but rather a gradual evolution. So those first post-Hackett albums still have their good moments.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Shit, I kind of forgot I have Duke. I really only know "Misunderstanding" from it though without going back and looking, though. I suppose that pretty much expresses my opinion on it as a whole, too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Peter Gabriel and Sting? Sounds like the most boring tour ever.

PostSubject: Re: Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour   Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Gabriel and Sting Collaboration Tour
Page 1 of 1