Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mitch Malloy

Go down 
+7
manny
corplhicks
Eyesore
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
the sentinel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:42 pm

So, what do you all think?

I think it definitely would have been better than what occurred with Gary Cherone.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:44 pm

His story was pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Yeah, I just got done watching it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 am

Here's another track that Mitch finished with Eddie, Alex and Michael...

Meh, it's interesting, but nothing that great either. Sounds like more middle-of-the-road AOR they were putting out with Sammy. I'd like to hear this Mitch guy really rock.

Would the album have been better than the Gary Cherone one? My opinion? I couldn't have been much worse. Duller maybe.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:07 pm

VH3, with Cherone just seemed to be so uninspired and "paint by the numbers" that I feel as though this guy would have been a kick in the ass for Eddie and Alex, thus making that album better. We will never know, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 8:05 pm

He's like a Michael Bolton type... Good, but boring.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Not sure how a different vocalist would have changed anything. Cherone didn't make those songs shitty.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:31 pm

^^This guy knows what's up.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not sure how a different vocalist would have changed anything. Cherone didn't make those songs shitty.

True. In my mind I think they would have recorded different songs; but, probably not. Sad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:20 pm

I think Cherone was a better choice then this guy, sadly Cherone was also handed some uninspired material, plus he comes from a very different place then Roth or Hagar do.

If this guy had become the official vocalist, the publicity would have been killer, platinum band hires unknown vocalist, but then the press would have accused of aping their former vocalist, simply because of his appearance.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:24 pm

I think that's what tricks me into thinking it would have been different and better b/c of his resemblance to Roth. Almost like the band staring out again. In my opine, the best stuff they ever recorded was with Roth; even though 5150 was the soundtrack to my junior high summer, and still one of my faves by anyone ever.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:44 am

In the early 90's the radio station I worked for played this song quite a bit and it is a pretty good late 80's/early 90's pop rock song.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

I couldn't figure out where I knew his name and it's from that video/song. Thanks for posting !
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 am

Mitch has released another VH video

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:15 pm

The sad part is how he has to cash in on what could've been all these years later.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:28 pm

I honestly can't tell if this guy is being just open hearted with pure intentions or trying to use VH to desperately make a name for himself.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:27 pm

I really don't think he's trying to cash in on anything related to that brief stint. I mean, he is still putting out solo albums and he only plays one Van Halen song in his live sets (usually "I'm the One" as an encore) without saying anything on stage about it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm

That's true yet all I ever hear about him is his almost being in VH. Oh well, whatever works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mitch Malloy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitch Malloy   Mitch Malloy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mitch Malloy
Page 1 of 1