Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+18
MoonChild
Rex
the sentinel
Wurthless
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
corplhicks
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glower
Lari
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
James B.
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

"Exciter"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap20%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
"White Heat, Red Hot"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Better by You, Better Than Me"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap7%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
"Stained Class"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap10%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
"Invader"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Saints in Hell"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap17%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
"Savage"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Beyond the Realms of Death"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap40%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 40% [ 12 ]
"Heroes End"
Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 am

Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest 220px-Jpstandclass

Released-February 10, 1978
Recorded-October–November 1977, Chipping Norton Recording Studios, Oxfordshire and Utopia Studios, London (track 3)
Producer-Dennis Mackay, Judas Priest, James Guthrie (track 3)

Personnel-Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, backing vocals, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Les Binks – drums.

Tracks-
"Exciter"  
"White Heat, Red Hot"
"Better by You, Better Than Me"  
"Stained Class"  
"Invader"
"Saints in Hell"  
"Savage"  
"Beyond the Realms of Death"
"Heroes End"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:36 am

'Beyond the Realms of Death'. Just because it was probably the first "epic" metal song I ever heard. This was their 'Stairway to Heaven'.

'Exciter' was a close second, because of Rob's insane high note at the end.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 am

I didn't discover this album until last year. Someone at work knew I collected records and they gave me a copy on vinyl and said I could keep it if I made them a CD copy. So I did and this is one that I enjoy quite a bit so I made myself a copy on CD and some other vinyl rips and listen to it in my truck. I went with "Exciter". I am more familiar with the Unleashed version but this one is excellent too. Also "Better By You, Better Than Me". I did not know this was the "controversy" song until I wanted to learn more about the album and Googled it. I was also familiar with Invader but only because it was covered by Saint (I heard the Saint version first). Great album, I need to go back and get Hell Bent For Leather again, I had it on cassette back in the 80's and loved that album.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:45 am

For some reason Savage has been a personal favourite of mine. It's probably not the best, but I find it underrated. So I went with that. But this is easily my favourite 70's Priest album. Count that as a vote for all the songs. It's just a masterpiece from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

Racing' cross the heavens
Straight into the dawn
Looking like a comet
Slicing through the morn
Scorching the horizon
Blazing to the land
Now he's here amongst us
The age of fire's at hand

Last edited by Glower on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 am

Saints In Hell for me. Excellent song (but they're all really good)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 am

Honestly, I can't choose. This is my fave of Priest's '70s albums and nowadays it's the CD I reach for most often when I'm in a Priestly mood. I love every track on it.

This was the album that drew a line in the sand between their early "progressive" style and the beginnings of their straight up "metal" era.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 am

Exciter gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 am

"Beyond the Realms of Death" for sure. Some of the best lyrics ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

This was the album that drew a line in the sand between their early "progressive" style and the beginnings of their straight up "metal" era.

Yeah, I can sort of agree with that, though I still have a hard time using the word "progressive" to describe that era. It's just not as narrowly focused as Priest (and 80s metal in general) would become.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:31 am

10 out of 10 album for me and one of my three favorite Priest albums. It's also their best studio album of the 70s. It's nearly impossible for me to pick a favorite track, but today I'll go with "Saints In Hell."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

Well this is ridiculously hard. This album is wall-to-wall Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest 604261 . I almost went with Invader, such a catchy song with Binks on fire in the chorus. But I gotta say, Better by You has always been a close friend of mine, so I went with it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:11 pm

I know that "Exciter" gets a lot of love on this album, but like "Metal Gods", those have been two Priest songs that don't resonate with me. I enjoy them, but they're not even close to being my favorite songs on their perspective albums. I know I'm in the minority regarding feeling this, but that's okay. "Stained Class" is my favorite Priest album from that decade. I will give "Beyond the Realms of Death" the nod, but narrowly over "Stained Class", which would be followed by "White Heat, Red Hot", "Saints in Hell" and "Heroes End". I always love the story behind "Realms" and Les Binks role in that song and how the band were floored that Les had an opening riff like that within him.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:29 pm

stained class for me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

I like the drumming on this album. But the guitar tone is very, very weak.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Saints in Hell is what I'm gonna go with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:57 pm

The guitars sound like real guitars (pre-active pickup) and real amplifiers (tube).  Just the way I like them.

I voted for "Saints In Hell" but could have just as easily picked any other song on the album, it's all good.

The best Judas Priest studio album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 pm

"The best Judas Priest studio album in my opinion."

Seconded.

I voted for "Saints In Hell" just amazing!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Realms
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:47 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Seconded.

better than the mighty painkiller??
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 3:29 am

Such a beautiful album.

My pick is Beyond the Realms of Death.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:19 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Seconded.

Everything up until Turbo is better than Painkiller. Its overrated.
Voted "Stained Class"
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Seconded.

Can't they both be the best? Why choose, when you can enjoy both headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Fantastic album, I would go with Beyond as my favorite track (plus I can play it note for note on guitar)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm

I don't like Painkiller. The last Judas Priest album where I liked the whole album was Screaming For Vengeance. After that record there are some songs here and there that I like but a single disc compilation could contain them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest   Best track on "Stained Class" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next