Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most anticipated 2016 releases?

Go down 
+21
choosemetal
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
sovdat
brokentulsa
tul
James B.
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
DakotaRogers
Thrasher73
corplhicks
ultmetal
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Boris2008
Required Fields
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'll be very surprised if DARK ANGEL, TOXIK, or WATCHTOWER comes out in 2016.

Ron hasn't said anything to me about a new release yet.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
New Killen!!!!!!!!!

But if we get new Killen, then the old classic won't be a tr00 and kvlt! Killer are the true underground!

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 am

Megadeth, Dark Angel, BAT, Metal church, and Rocka Rollas and that's all I can think of now.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 12:14 pm

I need to add Cauldron to my list.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:42 am

A new Blind Illusion album was due this year (The Medicine Show), featuring Les Claypool and co. They wrote it way back when, but are only now remastering it for release.

Hopefully they'll get around to that this year or next.

Temple of Blood wrote:

I'd be very surprised if you ever said anything optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 am

metal church and toxik.

hope accept would release new material in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:01 am

Avantasia has a new one coming out in January.

I don't know how excited I should be. I haven't even quite figured out what I think of the previous one.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:56 am

Quote :
Temple of Blood wrote:

I'd be very surprised if you ever said anything optimistic.

That BLIND ILLUSION album will be awesome I think.  So will the DARK ANGEL and WATCHTOWER whenever they come out (in a year or two would be my guess).
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I need to add Cauldron to my list.

I forgot Cauldron!

Yes, and also for me Scythe as well.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Lari wrote:

I don't know how excited I should be. I haven't even quite figured out what I think of the previous one.

I am in that boat with you, Lari.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Quite a few for me actually!

Gravehill/Mordbrand Split CD
Abbath
Primal Fear
Amon Amarth
Dead Horse
Destroyer 666
Ozzy Osbourne
Exumer
Testament
Asphyx
King Diamonf
Sodom
Kreator
Autopsy
Anvil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Witchcraft - Nucleus
Purson - Desire's Magic Theatre
Steven Wilson - 4 1/2
Big Big Train - Folklore
Big Big Train - Stone And Steel: Live at King's Place London (blu-ray)
Haken - ?
Wobbler - ?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 12:27 am

sodom have confirmed a new release? any details?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:38 am

Most of all, I would like to see Dark Angel and Coroner release something new.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:43 am

Some other releases:

Testament
Megadeth
Anthrax
Metal Church
Trouble (wishful thinking)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 am

Troublezone wrote:

The Skull is supposedly entering the studio soon to record a second album so that could be out by the end of the year if all goes well.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 11:59 am

Liking the new song from Axel. And I saw a few posts back that Y&T had something coming up?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:51 am

Lari wrote:

Nice! I had no idea they had another in the pipeline.

I'm the same about "The Mystery of Time." It had good moments, but I don't know how it hung together overall. It didn't grab me like the others did (though "Black Orchid" was the dog's bollocks!).

For Avantasia, I think the real joy is in seeing who Tobias gets on the record because he's got a knack for placing singers in songs that really suit them. About the only exception was Alice Cooper. Just seemed like his voice wasn't cut out for a song that had quite so much going on in it.

For my money, 2016 is mostly on my radar for Jethro Tull reissues at this point. There's talk of them doing a PROPER reissue of Aqualung that matches the last few book sets (and corrects the mastering issues on the physical copies in circulation) and Songs from the Wood is finally getting reissued. As something I just about wore out on a homemade cassette in my first car stereo, that's definitely an exciting release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 am

Corrected stereo flat-transfers of the Aqualung and Thick As A Brick remixes are already available from HDtracks.

The next Tull release wil be Stand Up which was moved ahead of the Songs/Horses/Stormwatch trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The Skull is supposedly entering the studio soon to record a second album so that could be out by the end of the year if all goes well.  

Well, I guess that will have to do... I have the debut and it was decent. But I'm holding out for a new Franklin/Wartell Trouble album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:23 pm

I don't like the singer Franklin/Wartell are using, so not interested at this juncture.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Corrected stereo flat-transfers of the Aqualung and Thick As A Brick remixes are already available from HDtracks.  

The next Tull release wil be Stand Up which was moved ahead of the Songs/Horses/Stormwatch trilogy.  

Right, forgot about that one. Also a favorite.

As for the HDTracks versions of Aqualung and TAAB, I'm a little leery of picking up a download at almost as great a cost as I paid for the hard copies (which were incorrectly mastered as far as I'm concerned). At least if they DO end up repackaging Aqualung, I can justify the added expense as imposing some standardization on my collection. I did always wish they would have STARTED with those book sets instead of digipacks. Friggin' hate digipacks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:37 pm

They weren't "incorrectly mastered', they were just mastered by someone whose approach did not gel with what Steven Wilson did with the remixes. They were "unnecessary", not defective.

Lesson learned, contract changed so nobody else but Wilson is allowed to touch them.

I bought the Thick As A Brick download from HDtracks because the stereo layer on the original DVD was unlistenable, sounds great now. I have yet to pick up the Aqualung.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Provided the version offered by Pono is the same as that on HDTracks, I'm more likely to buy there as their base prices are a bit more reasonable to my mind. TAAB will probably need to be picked up that way at some point. Since it was already released in that book form, it's unlikely there will be a "corrected" version released in hard copy.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:03 pm

I need to add these two:

Brimstone Coven - Black Magic

Gygax - Critical Hits

https://soundcloud.com/creatordestructor/gygax-draw-breath/s-IiQdj
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most anticipated 2016 releases?   Most anticipated 2016 releases? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most anticipated 2016 releases?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next