Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?

Go down 
+3
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
Chairman_Smith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Empty
PostSubject: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:46 am

I've been putting some consideration into getting a plan for my life and I usually come up with two answers to the question "what do I want to do with my life."

1. I don't want to work for other people
2. I want to do something in music.

So, I decided after I get some stuff in order, I would go back to school and get a buisness degree.

After I get out of that I considered I might try and open up a place to hold concerts, so my question to you guys (if anyone knows), what should I plan on doing? Do you know any generally overlooked things that I may have not taken into consideration? How come hotdogs come in packs of 8, but buns come in packs of 6?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:55 am

it's a long way off, but what are your plans for obtaining start up capital? do you plan on a partner(s) or do you have enough assets to qualify for a small business loan? it takes alot of money to get yourself started & it takes alot of time before you see any sort of return.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:00 am

mc666 wrote:
it's a long way off, but what are your plans for obtaining start up capital? do you plan on a partner(s) or do you have enough assets to qualify for a small business loan? it takes alot of money to get yourself started & it takes alot of time before you see any sort of return.

Not yet, thats one of the reasons i'm asking.

Money? I have no idea, im focused on getting past college first, (if i even need it, a degree would probably be helpful I imagine)
I don't really own anything worth much, i'll own my car in a few months, but thats only worth $3500. I'd probably ask my mom to be my partner, she'd be able to help me with alot of things.

I know it'd take awhile to see some return on it, but i'm sure it would be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:25 pm

open one in great yarmouth, england. the one i go to just closed down Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
How come hotdogs come in packs of 8, but buns come in packs of 6?

So that you buy 3 packs of hot dogs and 4 packs of buns. Come on now, this is how capitalism works greedy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

This is known in the retail business as the Law of Excess Wienerage. Or if you buy too many packs of buns, the Law of Excess Bunnerage.

If you by some miracle happen to have an equal amount of hot dogs and buns, then you have achieved Frankquilization. But this has only happened in theoretical discussions.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

This is known in the retail business as the Law of Excess Wienerage. Or if you buy too many packs of buns, the Law of Excess Bunnerage.

If you by some miracle happen to have an equal amount of hot dogs and buns, then you have achieved Frankquilization. But this has only happened in theoretical discussions.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:47 pm

Buy real sound-proofing insulation, not highly flammable packing foam.

By the way, I wanted to be my own boss and do something that had to do with music, and I work in IT for a gas station/convenient store company. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:38 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Laughing very hard

I got that from the old HBO show "Not Necessarily The News." Ive been waiting to use that bit for years!!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Buy real sound-proofing insulation, not highly flammable packing foam.

By the way, I wanted to be my own boss and do something that had to do with music, and I work in IT for a gas station/convenient store company. Haha.

Still better then making $7.50-$10.00 for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:14 am

Haha, how did I know i was gonna get more answers for the Hot Dog question.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:43 pm

I dont really think you would need that business degree for opening a Rock Club.

I think instead you would be better by going and working for a club for a while. That way you can see at first hand how it works from inside, the internal organization, all small practical details you'll never get taught in school.

Then once you get the idea how it is done find a funds and give it a try. It will take a lot of trail and error, but I'm sure one can succeed.

We did similar venture in the mid-90es with a friend. After working at pizza place for a while we decided to be our own bosses and rented our own one. It was an uphill battle from the start and took us a LOT of trail and error to hone it down but we managted to pull it through and even made some profit on the 2nd year. Unfortunately then the inflation hit the Bulgarian economy hard and we were forced to close it coz fewer and fewer people could afford going out for a dinner... it was a very nasty times for a small businesses like ours.

Oh, and by the way it was sort of Heavy Metal pizzeria (the name was "Port Royal" after the Running Wild album, hehe) coz we were blasting metal all day long 🤘 (except for thursdays when we had 80es pop/disco evenings).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:49 pm

I think that’s excellent advice stormspell. Best way to learn is from the inside.

That sounds like my kind of pizza parlor!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:05 pm

stormspell wrote:
I dont really think you would need that business degree for opening a Rock Club.

I think instead you would be better by going and working for a club for a while. That way you can see at first hand how it works from inside, the internal organization, all small practical details you'll never get taught in school.

Then once you get the idea how it is done find a funds and give it a try. It will take a lot of trail and error, but I'm sure one can succeed.

We did similar venture in the mid-90es with a friend. After working at pizza place for a while we decided to be our own bosses and rented our own one. It was an uphill battle from the start and took us a LOT of trail and error to hone it down but we managted to pull it through and even made some profit on the 2nd year. Unfortunately then the inflation hit the Bulgarian economy hard and we were forced to close it coz fewer and fewer people could afford going out for a dinner... it was a very nasty times for a small businesses like ours.

Oh, and by the way it was sort of Heavy Metal pizzeria (the name was "Port Royal" after the Running Wild album, hehe) coz we were blasting metal all day long 🤘 (except for thursdays when we had 80es pop/disco evenings).

See, where I live theres very few options to try and get in on a club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?   Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening a Concert Hall/Rock Club?
Page 1 of 1