Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 pm

I liked this comment on one of the articles about Piper's passing:

Quote :
R.I.P, Roddy, may you go where there's an endless supply of asses to kick when the bubblegum runs out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:43 am

Heaven just got a lot more rowdier. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 am

My brother in law (sister's husband) met Rowdy one time and had a long conversation about, not about "the business" (Craig was an amateur wrestler for a time) but life in general (Rowdy had just beat cancer and Craig was diagnosed with lupus). He says it was one of the most depressing time of his life and that talk helped him get through it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:06 am

Sad news... He was one of the most entertaining characters in the history of wrestling. And his movie "The Live" is a classic!

R.I.P.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 12:24 pm

I think I just became a Titus O'neal fan.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/1/9085105/wwe-superstar-titus-oneil-treats-more-homeless-people-to-dinner-after-restaurant

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think I just became a Titus O'neal fan.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/1/9085105/wwe-superstar-titus-oneil-treats-more-homeless-people-to-dinner-after-restaurant

Yeah, I've read many articles that show Titus to be a real good man outside of the ring.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Another wrestling great is gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/wrestling-superstar-roddy-piper-dead-at-61-224152886.html

Very sad news. R.I.P. Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Ronda Rousey dedicated her win at UFC 190 to Piper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

Piper gave Ronda permission to use the "Rowdy" name for her fights.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:43 am

I have to assume Raw will be airing a tribute to Piper ? I certainly hope so. I'd even watch it just for that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:54 am

I'm sure they will.   They usually do a great job with their video tributes.  The Cardinals are off today so I'll surely watch Raw.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:09 pm

If they do it, I'm hoping it's at the beginning of the program. I really don't want to sit through the whole show for it. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Raw and I probably wouldn't know over half the wrestlers and certainly not the storylines.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 pm

They usually do tributes at the opening.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, there ya go.  Another nice tribute from WWE.  Their video department is so good at these; it's too bad they've been getting so much practice lately.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeah I liked that (coincidentally the Pirates are on a rain delay so I had no issues on turning the channel). It brought back a lot of good memories from the good old days.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:43 am

Meant to post this a while back but forgot. It's Seth Rollins response to Dana White slamming wrestling as fake crap:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW 53993910

It's well said, I still to this day come across people that say stuff like, "you know that's not real right?" or "I liked it when I was a kid but when I found out it wasn't real, I stopped watching it"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 10:53 am

My response to the "it's fake" argument is "Do you watch TV shows?  Do you watch movies?  Do you go to the theater to see a play?  You know none of those presentations are real right?"

Wrestling is not fake, it's choreographed and that's different.  Fake would be using CGI to show a guy doing a backwards moonsault from the top rope to the outside of the ring.  Choreographed is the guy actually doing the maneuver but everyone knows he's going to do it and knows how to execute the move so no one gets hurt. It's like a ballet with violence; it has its own set of predefined moves just like ballet does but there's more physical contact to depict violence.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 11:33 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

Jonathan Coachmen is live for ESPN at Summer Slam.  He's talking to Cena now live on SportCenter.  Before they went live to him they showed clips of "Coach" when he was in WWE.

Ya know, Cena is a lot less annoying when he's speaking without his "promotional voice". Coach asked him about his granting his 500th Make A Wish tonight at Summer Slam and all of a sudden Cena sounded like a normal person. He started by saying "Well, if I can be serious for a moment and drop the promotion...". After that Coach started in with "Now to be unserious again...." and Cena went right back to his grating promotional voice.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Now he's talking to Randy Orton.  As usual, Orton threatened to RKO the Coach.

HAHAHAHA! People have created videos with Orton "giving an RKO" to various sports and movie celebrities.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Undertaker winning last night was soooooooo predictable dunno if that collapse last night was staged or if he was really exhausted.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 pm

OMG!

That New Day entrance was the funniest thing I've seen on Raw in a long time.  Xavier on the trombone ("he was trained by Chief Jay Trombone").  That just cracked me up.

EDIT: As if Xavier playing "Taps" on the outside of the ring wasn't great enough, here comes the return of the Dudley Boyz! "Devon! Get the table!!!!"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, I enjoyed Raw and was glad to see Sting return but unhappy to know he will do yet another JOB in his second PPV performance.... Come on, give the guy ONE win before he is done.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:21 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Yeah, I enjoyed Raw and was glad to see Sting return but unhappy to know he will do yet another JOB in his second PPV performance.... Come on, give the guy ONE win before he is done.

YEAH what he said!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Addy wrote:
Undertaker winning last night was soooooooo predictable dunno if that collapse last night was staged or if he was really exhausted.

It was apparently real, since if it was planned, the main cameras would've filmed him breaking down shortly after reaching the back curtain

mikeinfla wrote:

Is anyone really surprised? I actually expected that they will job out Sting. He was the last active legend that never worked for WWE, became a legend while working for their competitor and for years he declined every offer the WWE threw at him, even rather going to TNA.
Vince would never, ever push such a guy to any victories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 pm

It's amazing to me how petty Vince can be.

He essentially has a monopoly on professional wrestling and yet he still carries grudges like this for decades. Why not use Sting as the big moneymaker he could be as long as he's not overexposed? Because Vince is a petty ass.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 pm

I don't watch wrestling until the weekend after so I don't know if John Stewart said why he helped Rollins. I do have a prediction. He talked about being upset at Lesnar breaking the streak so my theory is that he didn't want Cena tying Flair's record of title wins.

As for Vince's pettiness, there is a reason why several former WWE superstars that deserve it, aren't in the HoF or took forever to get there. For instance, the reason Demolition isn't in is because Vince doesn't like Ax due to his outspokenness (even Ax says that his big mouth gets him in trouble). Come on Vince, they were one of your most successful tag teams of the 80s for crying out loud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: