Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+15
muckie
nevermore
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Lari
ultmetal
Thelemech
corplhicks
Witchfinder
James B.
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite song from "Rocka Rolla" by Judas Priest
1. "One for the Road"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
2. "Rocka Rolla"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
3. "Winter"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4. "Deep Freeze"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. "Winter Retreat"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
6. "Cheater"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
7. "Never Satisfied"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
8. "Run of the Mill"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
9. "Dying to Meet You/Hero, Hero"
Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
10. "Caviar and Meths" (Instrumental)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest   Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Lari wrote:
James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:
The title just reads "Dying to Meet You" on my copy (nothing about heroes).

Yeah, I have both versions of the cover on vinyl and the "Hero. Hero" compilation as well... No mention of it on any of them. Since I don't have the tunes memorized I used Wikipedia for the info. So my guess is they must have added the "Hero/Hero" due to song being on that compilation ?  

Probably. But it seems to be only a Wikipedia thing. Metal Archives, Rate Your Music or other sources don't have it.

I think it's just Dying to Meet You.

Having said that, obviously the song has two halves. I have no problem some people calling the second half Hero, Hero. But I prefer it as one long track. That's also why it's my favourite.

Troublezone wrote:
Never cared much for this album. It doesn't represent what they would soon become afterward.
Agreed to a degree. However, there's still some real interesting stuff here. Depending on how big of a Priest fan your are, of course. But you can definitely hear the cogs turn from heavy rock to Judas-Priest-Heavy-Metal on tracks like Never Satisfied.

And damn, here are the origins of Rob Halford and that voice. Just listening to Dying to Meet You.

One for the Road, Rocka Rolla and Cheater are also enjoyable groovy rocking heavy rock songs. In 1974, in this genre, this doesn't lose out to many albums. The whole genre was in its infancy.

The name of the song is "Dying To Meet You." Gull Records is the label that released both Rocka-Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny. They still own this material and they have reissued it constantly since the original release. They have repackaged the material as well and that's where "Hero, Hero" came from. In 1981, Gull released a compilation of Rodger Bain remixes of this material entitled Hero, Hero. I don't think any song on Rocka-Rolla was ever entitled "Hero, Hero." As another trivia note, most of the cd issues of the Hero,Hero compilation don't use the Rodger Bain remixes but revert to the usual mixes.

Also, the "Armored Guy" was added as an album cover in 1984 and the name of that artwork is "The Steel Tsar."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest   Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:03 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Cheater... I no longer own this album. I have always wondered, why the two covers? I like the "Coca-Cola" cover better. Just looks cool.

I've always assumed it was a copyright issue with the Coke people.

As for me, I voted for the title song 'Rocka-Rolla'. Stupid or not, it's got a catchy chorus and it pops immediately into my mind whenever I hear the name.

A close second would be 'Never Satisfied', however, I was only familiar with the Armored Saint version for many years before I finally heard the original.

Favorite Song off of "Rocka-Rolla" by Judas Priest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2