Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blake sleeves / lp sleeves

Go down 
+2
chewie
crucifyd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crucifyd
Metal novice
Metal novice
crucifyd

Number of posts : 8

blake sleeves / lp sleeves Empty
PostSubject: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:59 pm

probably been covered a million times but I couldn't find any topics so here goes...

i'm curious about blake sleeves...

1. where do you get them?

2. are they available anywhere besides Clear Bags?

3. do you prefer flap or no flap?

4. what thickness do you prefer?

5. i've never seen one, should i sample first or just go for it and buy them?

6. if you don't use/don't like blake sleeves, what do you use?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:47 pm

I usually get them from the local record store. I do not like the flap kind, though I am getting interested in those resealable ones like Ult uses.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:25 am

I get all my sleeves through sleeve city via amazon. For outers I like to use the Ultimate Outer 2.5 mil Record Sleeves. They are nice and clear and the albums just slide in and out of them. They also sell the 5.0 mil ones but I don't like them as much.

For inners I get the Disckeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inner Record Sleeves.

I abhor the resealable sleeves.

Its actually cheaper to buy them through Amazon than Sleevecity with shipping included.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD60BI6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1UML82?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7610

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:55 am

crucifyd wrote:
probably been covered a million times but I couldn't find any topics so here goes...

i'm curious about blake sleeves...

1. where do you get them?

2. are they available anywhere besides Clear Bags?

3. do you prefer flap or no flap?

4. what thickness do you prefer?

5. i've never seen one, should i sample first or just go for it and buy them?

6. if you don't use/don't like blake sleeves, what do you use?

I believe clear bags is the only place to get them.

I prefer the resealable sleeves - blake sleeves have the seal on the body and not on the flap which is absolutely the way to go. I particularly like the resealable blakes for my 7" collection.

Blakes are crystal clear and glossy. They make your jackets look phenomenal. People sometimes confuse Blakes with Japanese resealable sleeves, but they are nothing alike. The Japanese sleeves are thin and crappy compared to Blakes.

Blakes don't come in different thicknesses.

If you can obtain a sample, I suggest you do so.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 8:50 am

Yep, what Kethdredd said. Sleevecity via Amazon. Still a bit overpriced on shipping IMO but they make some good ones. I hate the resealable outer sleeves.

I normally buy the Diskeeper 2.0 inner sleeves. Have also tried the rounded bottom ones but for some reason I do not like them so I went back to buying the square ones. The 2.0 are the best for the money but the absolute best are the audiophile inner sleeves, $11.99 for 50 (this may be my next purcvhase from them when I use up the 2.0's I have left but they will last a while because I have alrady swaped out all of my old LP's with them and am not buying as much used vinyl now).

blake sleeves / lp sleeves 312NRPS-2

Those are good and remind me of QRP sleeves and these are much cheaper.

EDIT: Hmmmm... I just checked and Amazon is now much higher than ordering from Sleeve City. Those audiophile sleeves are 32.99 from amazon and 19.99 on the Sleeve City website.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:24 pm

TY for the Sleeve City site I've been looking for outers that are more than 3 mill.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Its funny, I have both the 2.5 mil outers and the 5 mil outers from sleeve city, I prefer the 2.5 mil ones. They are really easy to slide the LPs in and out of. Super clear and durable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blake sleeves / lp sleeves   blake sleeves / lp sleeves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blake sleeves / lp sleeves
Page 1 of 1