Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greatest Hits/ Box Sets

Go down 
+9
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Runicen
MetalGuy71
Hadley
journeyman
Lari
the sentinel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Greatest Hits/ Box Sets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hits/ Box Sets   Greatest Hits/ Box Sets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Hadley wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Motley Crue - Decade of Decadence. The only Vince Crue I'll ever need, although the omission of Live Wire is a mystery to me.

Live Wire is actually the opening song on that cd, unless you mean a different crue compilation album.

Oops, I meant Too Young to Fall in Love.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hits/ Box Sets   Greatest Hits/ Box Sets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 am

the sentinel wrote:
A few others that come to mind where a Greatest Hits or cheap Box will have to suffice until the mortgage is pad:

James Gang
Grand Funk
Ramones
Jeff Beck
Robin Trower
(The) Sweet

I have an album or two from these guys but the problem with a lot of '70's Rock and Metal is that so much is out of print on CD or never got printed. Sure it's easy to find "Wired" or "Bridge of Sighs" but what about everything else?

You're in luck, because Trower's first... ten or so albums are available on cheap box sets. Razz

The early years:
http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Untold-Chrysalis-Years-1973-1976/dp/B003OPUZYO/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1441368273&sr=1-10&keywords=robin+trower

The slightly less early years:
http://www.amazon.com/Farther-Up-Road-Chrysalis-Years/dp/B006VBGA1K/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1441368273&sr=1-9&keywords=robin+trower

There are also "Original Album Classics" versions of these, but honestly the fat jewel cases are cooler AND come with booklets, so they win in my book. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hits/ Box Sets   Greatest Hits/ Box Sets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:01 am

A couple bands that usually don't fall into this category that have become non-full discography essential bands are:

-Judas Priest
-Iron Maiden
-AC/DC
-Motorhead
-KISS after "Elder"

These are all bands that I at one time had all or very close to all of their studio output on CD. I sold my whole CD collection in 2006, and at this point I am hard pressed to feel like I need all those individual albums now. I still think most of the albums by the above bands are really good, but I don't need them all. But like SD, I would make my own comps, as I don't need a CD full of "Breaking the Law" and "Highway to Hell".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hits/ Box Sets   Greatest Hits/ Box Sets - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Hits/ Box Sets
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3