Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eh....what did I know?

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
sovdat
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
bgsully
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Eh....what did I know? Empty
PostSubject: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:37 am

In the year of our Lord, 1991 my ears partook of Nuclear Assault - handle with care (via a friend's collection....I was poor)......and in my youthful wisdom, I declared it to be........meh.

Fast forward to 2015 and I have revisited it. What the hell?! This is a great album. Did I have Noxzema clogging my ears? surprised
......I don't know....better late than never I suppose. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:19 am

Handle with Care was my first (and for the longest time only) Nuclear Assault disc. I remember getting it at a flea market for 2 or 3 bucks. Great album!!

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 am

It's alright, but I've always preferred Game Over. Connelly's vocals are really abrasive on this one.

Ironically, I just found out not too long ago that I lost my copy of Handle With Care when I moved a few months back.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am

For years I couldn't understand why was everybody raving about them ... but now I stand corrected. First three albums are excellent! Was lucky enough to see 'em live a couple of months ago and they killed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:13 am

Survive is my favorite by a comfortable margin, also used to really love The Plague EP.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am

Yea, now that I've seen the error of my ways; I'll be digging deeper into their discography for sure.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:36 am

HWC is my fave but I enjoy selected other songs from other albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Handle With Care was the first Nuclear Assault I ever owned and loved it from the get go. It made me want to seek out their other releases.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm

bgsully wrote:
In the year of our Lord, 1991 my ears partook of Nuclear Assault - handle with care (via a friend's collection....I was poor)......and in my youthful wisdom, I declared it to be........meh.

Fast forward to 2015 and I have revisited it. What the hell?! This is a great album. Did I have Noxzema clogging my ears? surprised

Happens to me all the time. Can't count the number of reviews I've had to update on NLTM because of this very phenomena. I think part of it is, you just have to be in the right headspace to hear something.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
bgsully wrote:

Happens to me all the time. Can't count the number of reviews I've had to update on NLTM because of this very phenomena. I think part of it is, you just have to be in the right headspace to hear something.

I hear ya. It's amazing how that works.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:03 pm

SUFFOCATION "Effigy of the Forgotten" is probably my biggest 180 degree opinion rotation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm partial to Survive and the Plague EP from N.A., but I can relate.

A lot of the thrash bands passed me by during their "heyday" -- I was probably too focused on the so called "Big Four" and a select few others to worry about the rest - so it wasn't till some years later (circa mid 90s) that I started digging into the catalogs of the second-and-third-tier thrash/speed bands like Atrophy, Nuclear Assault, Mortal Sin, Flotsam & Jetsam, Helstar, Vicious Rumors, etc., etc. I'd heard bits & pieces of most of their stuff previously but had never felt particularly compelled to get whole-hog into their catalogs till then. I guess there was just so much stuff being released back then that it took me a few years before I had enough time to look into what I'd been missing Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 3:06 am

First time I heard Nuclear Assault was when I saw the video for Critical Mass on Headbangers Ball way back when. You know the one with the little bouncing smiley face at the bottom of the screen so you could sing along. Haha! Anyway,I've been a fan ever since.

My favorite would be Survive but let me tell you this even though Something Wicked gets bad reviews it's a killer album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 6:38 am

I bought "Survive" (tape) back in the day after watching the video for "Brainwashed." Like Fat Freddy, I was kind of stuck on the Big Four, so my appreciation for this band didn't go much further. I need to purchase their first three albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 8:58 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Something Wicked gets bad reviews it's a killer album.

Yes ! Fantastic album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 12:46 am

Dark Angels Time DoesNot Heal had the same effect for me. Now I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eh....what did I know?   Eh....what did I know? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eh....what did I know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: