Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?

Go down 
+16
Boris2008
ultmetal
glassprison
Gilbert
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Runicen
Thrasher73
manny
chewie
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I like a lot of bands that haven't got a lot to go at (2 or 3 albums) so quite often.

One day I'll attempt the Tangerine Dream anthology (103 albums & 34 soundtracks!!)

Plus the live Bootlegs!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:00 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I like a lot of bands that haven't got a lot to go at (2 or 3 albums) so quite often.

One day I'll attempt the Tangerine Dream anthology (103 albums & 34 soundtracks!!)

So what you're saying is that your mummified corpse will be found with the music still playing? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:23 pm

I did it with KISS. Had all their music - up to Lick It Up -
It took me all morning - all day - all night - ( I knew it would )
Half way through...I was thinking - I'll never do this again affraid
4 solo albulms too - both live releases - etc -
Never attempted anything like that since -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Glower wrote:
I did it with KISS. Had all their music - up to Lick It Up -
It took me all morning - all day - all night - ( I knew it would )
Half way through...I was thinking - I'll never do this again  affraid
4 solo albulms too - both live releases - etc -
Never attempted anything like that since -

I'm surprised the Peter Criss solo album didn't bring the proceedings to a grinding halt.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 pm

I love that solo release - believe it or not. Good memories.
You Matter To Me - Kind Of Sugar Papa likes -
Easy Thing - Cant Stop The Rain -
I fell in love with a chick ( teenage years )
and all that Criss music - just fit perfect - that summer !
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 9:02 pm

I've probably done that with Swervedriver because I have an mp3 player with just Swervedriver songs. Every song of theirs save for a few filler tracks I took off. I've let it play for hours at the store I work at so, though it is on shuffle, I've probably heard all their songs in the course of a day. I was working and not sitting down and concentrating on the songs, though, so that may not count.

I drive from Mesa to San Diego ever so often and will be driving to Riverside later this month, so I might give it a try. Now which band????
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 12:54 am

A couple of years ago I drove all the way to Istanbul-turkey. I recall playing the entire metallica catalogue during this trip. What a nice trip.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:07 am

I started on Savatage last week. Sirens and The Dungeons Are Calling are first up. Plan on listening to every 'Tage album I have (just studio stuff, I don't have any live material). Because why not.

However I just realized I'm missing Handful of Rain. Not sure how I missed that one after all these years. Hope it's not a out-of-print rarity these days.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:35 am

Glower wrote:
I love that solo release - believe it or not. Good memories.
You Matter To Me - Kind Of Sugar Papa likes -
Easy Thing - Cant Stop The Rain -
I fell in love with a chick ( teenage years )
and all that Criss music - just fit perfect - that summer !

I like that album, too. My favorite is "You Matter To Me." It's kickback and relax kind of music. It is also fresh-sounding to me because I don't have a lot of bluesy/r&b music in my collection. I also like some songs off Out Of Control and Let Me Rock You. I used to listen to a compilation of my favorite Criss songs quite often.

I like all the KISS '78 solo albums. In fact, the one most people say is the only one they like (Ace's) is my least favorite of the four.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 am

MG, I still see handful of rain around used for cheap.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
MG, I still see handful of rain around used for cheap.

Yea, looking on Amazon, .66 cents won't exactly break the bank. Smile I have a few weeks before I'm up to that album anyway so I'll be able to save a few quarters from my lemonade stand profits.

When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Lemonade-Stand

I'll bet none of you suspected that I was an 8-year old black girl all this time.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll bet none of you suspected that I was an 8-year old black girl all this time.

I did!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Why are you hanging out with Rick Astley?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Right now, I am going thru The Beach Boys discography from Pet Sounds (including a Smile bootleg) thru Holland. Some interesting music on those albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?   When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When was the last time you sat down with an entire Anthology?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2