Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Is It Just Too Much?

Go down 
+14
ZombieHavoc
muckie
Vexer6
Eyesore
chewie
Thelemech
exact33
ultmetal
the sentinel
manny
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Runicen
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:54 pm

The KISS Alive 35 Kollector's Box went even further than that Metallica boxed set. It contained a double-disc live recording from every recorded show on the North American tour. It also included autographs from all four members, a certificate of authenticity, and four KISS USB leather wristbands. It sold for $1,195, with the promise that it would "ship in time for Christmas."

The USB drives were also available to people who didn't want to buy the boxed set. They could get a "subscription" for a certain number of shows and then download them after they were recorded.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
The KISS Alive 35 Kollector's Box went even further than that Metallica boxed set. It contained a double-disc live recording from every recorded show on the North American tour. It also included autographs from all four members, a certificate of authenticity, and four KISS USB leather wristbands. It sold for $1,195, with the promise that it would "ship in time for Christmas."

The USB drives were also available to people who didn't want to buy the boxed set. They could get a "subscription" for a certain number of shows and then download them after they were recorded.

Damn! That is beyond ridiculous. Not so much because of the hefty price tag, but the sheer amount of music, which is essentially the same set night after night.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:47 am

LA Guns said it best:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 am

So, I just read that Tom Keifer (Cinderella lead singer in the off chance someone doesn't know) will be re releasing his solo album from 2013 "The Way Life Goes" with some bonus tracks as a "Thank You" to fans. Why not just release this as an EP? Or do a live album with these new studio cuts. I saw him in support of the album and the show was great. This isn't some long out of print gem (and I know it's only one disc and not a box set) with a hefty price tag, but I shouldn't have to re buy it as a fan.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 am

He says that it will be a "collector's item" with completely redone artwork, a DVD about the making of the album, and the bonus tracks that you mentioned. Whether or not that justifies re-releasing it, I'm not sure. I'll get it for the bonus tracks, but I personally don't care much about the other features.

I bought the Japanese version already for the bonus track "Gettin' Even."

On the plus side, Tom also recently said that the band is hoping to have more new music out in 2017.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:51 am

the sentinel wrote:
So, I just read that Tom Keifer (Cinderella lead singer in the off chance someone doesn't know) will be re releasing his solo album from 2013 "The Way Life Goes" with some bonus tracks as a "Thank You" to fans. Why not just release this as an EP? Or do a live album with these new studio cuts. I saw him in support of the album and the show was great. This isn't some long out of print gem (and I know it's only one disc and not a box set) with a hefty price tag, but I shouldn't have to re buy it as a fan.

Yea, I saw that and thought the same thing. "Thanks to all my fans. Now buy the same album again." As much as dislike them personally, an ep with a few new tracks would have sufficed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 am

I'm actually fine with that cuz I still haven't gotten around to picking up Tom's solo album. So now if/whenever I do I'll get a little more bang for my buck. :cheese:

But yeah, if I'd already bought it I would've been like "Up yours Tom!"

Quote :
On the plus side, Tom also recently said that the band is hoping to have more new music out in 2017.

By "the band," does he mean Cinderella, or his solo band?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

By "the band," does he mean Cinderella, or his solo band?

I would bet on his solo band. I think the Cinderella ship has sailed. This is from a recent chat with Eric Brittingham...

Quote :
Speaking about the current status of CINDERELLA, Eric said: "That is the big question. It's, like, what are we doing? It's been four years now that Tom's [Keifer, CINDERELLA frontman] been on his own. I don't think he's coming back. So that's probably the big question. I guess that's the big question that I have: what are we doing? 'Cause we're not making any new music [and] he is, so I guess that's probably the answer right there."

He continued: "It went from just doing, like, whatever just to fill the time. [I thought] '[Tom's] solo record's coming out, so I guess we're not touring this year. I guess we'll do it next year.' And here's four years later, and it's, like, okay, I'm still kind of playing… I'm playing in four different freakin' projects at the moment — I've got a residency, I've got a southern rock thing, I've got an original thing, a power-trio thing I'm doing… It's, like, I'm just making my ends meet."

Eric added: "If [Tom] wants to do a tour [with CINDERELLA], I'm in. I'm glad that I didn't hold my breath. I'd be blue now. [Laughs] Like I said, Tom's having fun doing what he's doing, so I guess, all in all, I'm looking to do something more permanent, I guess, too. I don't know what that would be, but… We'll see. If any bands are out there that are looking for a permanent bass player, apparently I am free. [Laughs]"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 4:36 pm

It's definitely his solo band. He stated explicitly in an interview last year that his solo band will put out another album before Cinderella releases anything.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 6:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yea, I saw that and thought the same thing. "Thanks to all my fans. Now buy the same album again." As much as dislike them personally, an ep with a few new tracks would have sufficed.

And I'm one who did buy the original version and I was underwhelmed.  It's OK but certainly not anything I'd rebuy just for some crummy bonus tracks.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 pm

The article I read didn't mention a DVD, so that makes me dip a toe and check temp, but I am not going swimming just yet. I saw the excerpt of the EB interview and thought "why are they not together and releasing some killer tunes?" The very first Hard Rock/ Metal band I ever saw was Cinderella (when they opened for Bon Jovi in '86) so I would love to experience that again some 30 years later.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 am

Quote :
I saw the excerpt of the EB interview and thought "why are they not together and releasing some killer tunes?" The very first Hard Rock/ Metal band I ever saw was Cinderella (when they opened for Bon Jovi in '86) so I would love to experience that again some 30 years later.

The frustrating thing is that the songs are already written. There are tons of unreleased demos that are just as good as what made it on the Night Songs record that haven't been properly recorded. Actually, songs like "Hot and Bothered," "Talk is Cheap" and "Freewheelin'" came from those demos and sounded awesome when re-recorded for the Wayne's World soundtrack and Still Climbing. It would be great to hear more unreleased songs like "Fear the Night" recorded now.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:55 am

When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Image

I think it worked out to about 84 discs in total.

I can't seem to find this on ebay or anywhere else. I would think someone would surely be trying to unload it by now. I can only find sets of 5 shows (10 discs) going for around $80.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:31 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
I saw the excerpt of the EB interview and thought "why are they not together and releasing some killer tunes?" The very first Hard Rock/ Metal band I ever saw was Cinderella (when they opened for Bon Jovi in '86) so I would love to experience that again some 30 years later.

The frustrating thing is that the songs are already written. There are tons of unreleased demos that are just as good as what made it on the Night Songs record that haven't been properly recorded. Actually, songs like "Hot and Bothered," "Talk is Cheap" and "Freewheelin'" came from those demos and sounded awesome when re-recorded for the Wayne's World soundtrack and Still Climbing. It would be great to hear more unreleased songs like "Fear the Night" recorded now.

Is it a record company issue? I remember hearing something about an album partially recorded and shelved due to Tom's surgeries or something. Maybe I am misremembering? All I know is, if "Pat's Dogs" is one of the bonus tracks, I am buying us all a copy!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:33 am

glassprison wrote:
When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Image

I think it worked out to about 84 discs in total.

I can't seem to find this on ebay or anywhere else. I would think someone would surely be trying to unload it by now. I can only find sets of 5 shows (10 discs) going for around $80.  

$8 a disc is not a bad price, it's just a lot of repetition. If you have been a Kiss fan for more than a decade, how many times can you hear the same songs and crowd banter before you go insane?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:08 pm

I know, especially with that tour, since there were few (if any) changes to the setlist during the North American dates. The only difference would be which cities are mentioned in the banter and the points at which Paul's voice cracks throughout the show.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:02 pm

glassprison wrote:
I know, especially with that tour, since there were few (if any) changes to the setlist during the North American dates. The only difference would be which cities are mentioned in the banter and the points at which Paul's voice cracks throughout the show.

Laughing very hard I hate to laugh at one of my fave rock front men, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Is It Just Too Much?   When Is It Just Too Much? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Is It Just Too Much?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: