Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eluveitie (El-VAY-tee)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Eluveitie   (El-VAY-tee) Empty
PostSubject: Eluveitie (El-VAY-tee)   Eluveitie   (El-VAY-tee) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Late last year, I spent some time on YouTube checking out various types of extreme metal bands. The odd thing was that one band would be called this or that and another band playing pretty much the same stuff were called something else altogether.

Eluveitie was a band I came across that peaked my interest. The first songs I heard had death metal style vocals, some blast beats in the arrangements, crunchy guitars, all that stuff. But it also had flutes, pipes, mandolin, hurdy-gurdy, and all kinds of other stuff.

I picked the most recent stuff and went backwards.

Origins...

Helvetios...

Everything Remains (Same As It Never Was)...

Evocation !: The Arcane Dominion...

Slania...

They have a compilation of the first album, "Spirit" and re-recorded songs from a demo. It is called "The Early Years".

The albums mix it pretty good. The Evocation 1 thing is an acoustic project with the chick singer doing mostly all the vocals.

Anybody else dig em ?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Eluveitie   (El-VAY-tee) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eluveitie (El-VAY-tee)   Eluveitie   (El-VAY-tee) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

I have a couple early albums but it's not a regular go to.
Back to top Go down

Eluveitie (El-VAY-tee)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: