Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?

Go down 
+6
stormspell
Gilbert
Stender
Glower
choosemetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:07 am

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/anvil?referrer=newsletter&utm_source=mail_out4943&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=person7
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 3:03 am

Ehhhhh I'm not really a big fan of Anvil.. But 27 bucks for a CD sheeshh. At least with the Raven I got Party Killers, a pick, and a signed flyer.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 1:19 pm

I have " Metal on Metal "
What's their 2nd best ?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Hahaha. I thought this was going to be about that f*cking cymbal you have in your house.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 am

I got this is thirteen a couple of days ago. Great stuff. My anvil catalogue is booming. Next on my want list is speed of light.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Stender wrote:
Hahaha. I thought this was going to be about that f*cking cymbal you have in your house.

That was the joke, Stendy. shhhh...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Used vibrator for $400, mmmm....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 am

Glower wrote:
I have " Metal on Metal "
What's their 2nd best ?

Forged in Fire
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm a huge Anvil fan and I am a bit bummed that they are overcharging for the CD. I've done these Kickstarters/Pledgemusic for Raven, Flotsam & Jetsam, Tourniquet, Mortification and others and none of them were charging over $20 for a CD.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:56 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Ehhhhh I'm not really a big fan of Anvil.. But 27 bucks for a CD sheeshh. At least with the Raven I got Party Killers, a pick, and a signed flyer.

Exactly!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 3:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Exactly!

For what it's worth, the $27 price tag is for a signed cd. An un-signed one will only cost you $22. Just sayin'. Cool

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Exactly!

For what it's worth, the $27 price tag is for a signed cd. An un-signed one will only cost you $22. Just sayin'. Cool

Hmm, I see $33 for signed CD and $28 for regular one ...

Everything there is hugely overpriced. I've been an Anvil fan since I was 12 but they just continue to lose my support with almost anything they do (with tiresome, average CDs they've been putting out every couple of years being the least of it!)

I wonder if anyone's rich and dumb enough to pay $350 to do guest vocals on album. Or if the food's included in $400 dinner or are you expected to pay that extra? Oh well Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 10:27 am

sovdat wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Exactly!

Maybe those are the European prices. I'm still seeing $22 and $27 (signed) on my end.

I did the Kickstarter thing for Raven and while it delivered what was promised, the overall experience was something that I'm not keen on doing again. Maybe further down the road, but not anytime soon.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm with Stender, I thought it was about the cymbal... a night I'll never forget, and a story that always gets a laugh when I tell people.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sovdat wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Exactly!

Maybe those are the European prices. I'm still seeing $22 and $27 (signed) on my end.

I did the Kickstarter thing for Raven and while it delivered what was promised, the overall experience was something that I'm not keen on doing again. Maybe further down the road, but not anytime soon.

Hi, yes, you are right, it seems that extra shipping charges are included in price. Why wouldn't you do such a thing again? I've never done it so far myself.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

sovdat wrote:
Why wouldn't you do such a thing again? I've never done it so far myself.

The guy running the Raven campaign seemed really overwhelmed with the whole process. While they did eventually deliver what was promised, every communication was preceded by endless excuses for this, that and the other thing.

I didn't get ripped off or anything like that. The whole Kickstarter process however just left me kind of apathetic towards doing it again. Maybe I would in the future for the right band, but for now I can say I did it once and I'm good.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 am

I've never had a problem with Kickstarter or any of those funding projects. I've done several, but you really do have to be patient. Things don't always go as planned and sometimes you have to wait longer than promised. I did Raven, Mortification, Flostam & Jetsam and several others without a problem. I'm now part of the Tourniquet one and waiting on the vinyl reissue of their third album.

However, I have seen people get ripped off by these things. For example, David Benson did a Kickstarter that he never fulfilled, yet took the money. Last I heard he offered no apologies and never sent anything promised. Check out the reviews here...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/368021811/david-benson-new-album-re-start/comments

Sad thing is he tried doing it again on another one of those fund raising sites. Thankfully people on Facebook caught wind quick and spread the word, despite David doing his best to delete posts and argue with people. It's sad, but there are some scammers out there.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?   Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone want some of Anvil's personal gear?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: