Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SleazeRoxx.com

Go down 
+3
the sentinel
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Anyone know what's going on over at SleazeRoxx.com? The site hasn't been updated in weeks. Guy on vacation or something?

Just wondering if there has been any mention on Facebook or anything.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:08 pm

He tends to go on hiatus form time to time.

Skid was recently talking about a site redesign, so maybe he is working on that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Is it just a one-man show over there? Guess he's earned a break.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 2:18 pm

One guy runs the show as far as I know. He has people do some of the reviews for him.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 pm

You know, I visit there almost daily and scan the topics on the home page, but I never really look at the dates. Good point, MG. Last update was 6/02. I got the sense a while back it was a one man band as it was always the same screen name updating info in the forum and nobody ever responded.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 pm

This is my "go to" site for glam/sleaze album reviews so I hope Skid gets it going again ASAP. I know Martinsane (a member here) posts album reviews at sleazeroxx so maybe he can provide more info about what's going on.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:22 am

kethdredd wrote:
He tends to go on hiatus form time to time.

Skid was recently talking about a site redesign, so maybe he is working on that.

He's been talking about that for years now.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:49 am

He posted something on facebook yesterday, so he is still alive.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:05 am

Just posted on facebook that he is working on site redesign. Top 20 of 2014 will be the first post.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:37 pm

New website is up! It looks pretty good, definitely needs some tweaking.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Skid is stepping down and Olivier is taking over. Can't say that I'm a big fan of the new site design. Also, it's a shame the forums are down. The trading and download sub-forum was filled with rare gems.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:20 am

glassprison wrote:
Skid is stepping down and Olivier is taking over. Can't say that I'm a big fan of the new site design. Also, it's a shame the forums are down. The trading and download sub-forum was filled with rare gems.

Just noticed this too. Not too keen on the new format and it is rather tasteless to see that giant "DONATE" on the top of every page.

Really liked the old format and I hope the forum comes back online.

Now I at least know where the last handful of reviews I sent to Skid went...
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Well shit, just found out today that the forums have been disabled at the end of January. Interestingly, around the time when the IMDB boards closed.
Yet another great site I used to frequent that got ruined. Sad I discovered so many great unknown hard rock, AOR and glam metal bands browsing the bio section and the forums back in my high school days.
And speaking of the bios, that section got ruined too (after the redesign for some reason they removed most of the bios, then started readding them (all of which were already on the site) at a reeaally slow pace).
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 am

I still visit the site for news, but I try to spend as little time as possible on there. A lot of the reviews are just really unprofessional. The review of the latest Mitch Malloy album, for instance, had a full paragraph dedicated to how the guy was listening to it after his wife went to bed so that he could go into the basement and drink beer or something...
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 am

Well I never really cared about the news part myself and always dug information about the older '80s and early '90s bands, so as far as I'm concerned, the site is pretty much dead now, and NLTM/HoM is my primary source for '80s hard rock recs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SleazeRoxx.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: SleazeRoxx.com   SleazeRoxx.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SleazeRoxx.com
Page 1 of 1