Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act of Defiance

Go down 
+5
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 am

I thought we had a topic on this, but maybe it's buried in the Megadeth thread. Oh well. Here's the new album and first single.

Act of Defiance Actofdefiancebirthcdbigger

"Birth And The Burial" track listing:

01. Throwback
02. Legion of Lies
03. Thy Lord Belial
04. Refrain and Re-Fracture
05. Dead Stare
06. Disastrophe (A New Reality)
07. Poison Dream
08. Obey the Fallen
09. Crimson Psalm
10. Birth and the Burial

ACT OF DEFIANCE, the band featuring former MEGADETH members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar), alongside ex-SCAR THE MARTYR singer Henry Derek Bonner, and SHADOWS FALL's Matt Bachand (bass)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 am

The song had potential till the vocals kicked in. Too growly for my tastes. A whole album of that would give me a headache.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:30 pm

I liked it until he started singing like a damn wussy!. The harsh vocals were killer!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:11 am

Band with great chops playing lousy song. Not surprised this got cranked out so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 pm

The song is okay, but the intro is too long.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I liked it until he started singing like a damn wussy!. The harsh vocals were killer!

I like both sets of vocals...the harsh vocals kill and the cleaner vocals give off a Testament/Death Angel vibe, IMO.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:52 pm

Just got my copy tonight. Can't wait to play it in the car tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:04 am

Lurideath wrote:

I'm with you, the vocals do nothing for me on this.

Songs aren't all that memorable either.

Administrator
ultmetal

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 am

Just gave "Throwback" a fresh listen and like it much better than I did the first time I heard it.

I like the harsh vocals a bit more, but I still think they sound a bit too close to the crappy metalcore ilk. Clean vocals are not my thing but they are sparse which is good.

The lyrics are like spewing venom at Mustaine. They didn't even try to cloak those lyrics. Haha!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:43 am

This band sucks.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 12:26 pm

I personally like the vocals, don't really get much of a metalcore vibe here.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Sounds like most every other band these days. With clean vox, this track wouls be a really good speed metal song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

I'm talking about the vocal style, not the music. Dime a dozen guys screaming at you like a pissed off drill sergeant at a lazy cadet.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

I'm talking about the vocal style, not the music. Dime a dozen guys screaming at you like a pissed off drill sergeant at a lazy cadet.
Well I didn't personally get that vibe.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Well I didn't personally get that vibe.

I've been listening to this on YouTube a bit more over the past couple weeks and starting to enjoy it more and more. I still don't care for the clean vocals but am liking the other vocals more. Might think about picking this one up.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 2:16 am

It is a good album. Music is tight and aggressive.

vocals need some time to adapt too. Good release, but will not make my top five for this year.

I just hope mustaine would put out something that aggressive and heavy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Act of Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act of Defiance   Act of Defiance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act of Defiance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: