Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release

Go down 
+3
Lari
tul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 2:13 pm

July 24th!

CD1
1. Welcome
2. Lust For Life
3. Heaven Can Wait
4. Space Eater
5. Money
6. The Silence
7. Hold Your Ground
8. Free Time
9. Heading For Tomorrow
10. Look At Yourself
11. Mr. Outlaw (Japanese Bonus Track)
12. Sail On (B-Side from “Heaven Can Wait” EP)
13. Lonesome Stranger (B-Side from “Heaven Can Wait” EP)

CD2
1. Who Do You Think You Are
2. Heaven Can Wait (Demo)
3. Money (Demo - Kai on vocals)
4. Sail on (Demo - Kai on vocals)
5. Heading For Tomorrow (Live)
6. Space Eater (Live)
7. The Silence (Demo - Kai on vocals)
8. Mr. Outlaw (Instrumental Version)
9. Heaven Can Wait (Demo - Kai on vocals)
10. Heading For Tomorrow (Karaoke Version)
11. Space Eater (Karaoke Version)
12. Lonesome Stranger (Demo)

http://www.gammaray.org/news/218-reissue-2015
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 5:37 pm

I might just pick this up. Especially since I don't own the original print.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:10 pm

I have the original and the Heaven Can Wait EP. That 2nd disc has nothing that interests me so I won't need to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 6:51 pm

I got the original and the reissue. Not sure i'll grab this one.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:38 pm

didnt they already re-release Heading for tomorrow?

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 7:52 pm

yea they re-released everything up til NWO I believe

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yea they re-released everything up til NWO I believe

now its going to be re-re-released Smile

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 10:47 am

The more I think about this one, the more I think I'm in. Depending on the price of course as I am really only interested in the bonus disc and the three extra tracks that my original press doesn't have. Like exact33 said it's going to be re re released, but their stuff isn't that easy to find. It took me about four years to finish the discography.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Okay, so I did purchase this, found it on the Bay this morning for $14 bucks shipped. Should be in soon. Anyway, it appears that Kai and Co. have another live offering coming out on Oct.16 called "Heading for the East" as well as a rerelease or deluxe edition of "Sigh No More" Anyone got any more info?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:15 am

Heading for the east is a re-release as well. It's actually a cd version of a VHS they released when Ralf was still in the band. Great live album.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:17 am

This is the original Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Image10

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Like I said of you in the Helloween thread, the man knows. Thank you, sir. I am going to you with any further Kai Hansen related questions. Ha.

So, my copy actually arrived yesterday and I spun it twice (both discs) and I really like the bonus material. The instrumental of Mr. Outlaw is like a cool jam track; and the different versions of HfT are great. I never got the EP's from the early years of the band, so it's a plus to have these tracks. I will certainly be picking up the rest of the "Anniversary" reissues.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Guys, don't buy it from AMAZON - they charge $14 and their copy is a cheap cardboard slipcase edition angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 pm

stormspell wrote:
Guys, don't buy it from AMAZON - they charge $14 and their copy is a cheap cardboard slipcase edition angry

Ok. Thanks, stormspell. Mine is a digibook with a full booklet and space for both discs. The cover has a wraparound silver banner that says "Anniversary Edition" at the top and "25 Years of Heavy Metal from Hamburg" at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:25 pm

I'd have loved to receive a nice digibook with sturdy hardcover and booklet attached in between. However, Amazon sent me what is called an eco-wallet, or "mini-LP gatefold" packaging, which is basically a 4-panel cardsleeve very similar to gatefold LP cover with the booklet crammed in one of the cd slots...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Like I said of you in the Helloween thread, the man knows. Thank you, sir. I am going to you with any further Kai Hansen related questions. Ha.

So, my copy actually arrived yesterday and I spun it twice (both discs) and I really like the bonus material. The instrumental of Mr. Outlaw is like a cool jam track; and the different versions of HfT are great. I never got the EP's from the early years of the band, so it's a plus to have these tracks. I will certainly be picking up the rest of the "Anniversary" reissues.

Nice! I'll pick up the Heading For The East cd. I haven't heard that in years. Doesn't beat the Alive cd though.

I'm pretty good at answering Helloween or Helloween related questions lol

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

stormspell wrote:
I'd have loved to receive a nice digibook with sturdy hardcover and booklet attached in between. However, Amazon sent me what is called an eco-wallet, or "mini-LP gatefold" packaging, which is basically a 4-panel cardsleeve very similar to gatefold LP cover with the booklet crammed in one of the cd slots...

Wow thats good to know. I wouldn't have known a difference. If I order anything and get that I'll be sending it back.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm

I never really buy from Amazon as I am an Ebay guy (not as much since they started screwing me out of Ebay bucks) and my wife has the Amazon account. I sometimes have her buy something from there but it's usually an 80's band like Sleez Beez or Pretty Boy Floyd cuz it's cheaper there than on the bay.

Yeah, PRD, Alive '95 is pretty awesome. Great track listing, especially with the inclusion of the two Helloween songs.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:50 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I never really buy from Amazon as I am an Ebay guy (not as much since they started screwing me out of Ebay bucks) and my wife has the Amazon account. I sometimes have her buy something from there but it's usually an 80's band like Sleez Beez or Pretty Boy Floyd cuz it's cheaper there than on the bay.

Yeah, PRD, Alive '95 is pretty awesome. Great track listing, especially with the inclusion of the two Helloween songs.

I buy more on Amazon than Ebay because Ebay I would always worry more about Bootlegs, but Amazon seems to have the same issues sometimes as well so you can't win haha!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 pm

I have never had a problem with boots on ebay as I only buy within the U.S. (you and I are both on the East Coast so shipping is cheap) and never buy anything from Greece. The only boots I got off the bay I bought intentionally (live shows and soundboard recordings) and knew full well what I was getting.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Doesn't matter if it's Ebay or Amazon or anything else. Never buy from Greece or Eastern Europe. I know there are honest sellers among them, but sorry, at this point it's really hard to trust any. I now only buy from Germany, Scandinavia, USA, and never have any trouble with bootlegs.

Sometimes it's not even the seller that's dishonest. I've been to Romania. Some of their actual physical record stores sell bootlegs as originals. It's not like the common buyer would even know what they own isn't a worthless Russian pirated copy.

So I just stick to what I know is legit. I'd buy from England too, but there's hardly anyone into metal there nowadays, or so it seems.

EDIT: I should add Japan to trusted sellers. Always got what I was promised. But they are a reclusive lot. Rarely do you see a Japanese metal fan posting on a message board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release   Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - HEADING FOR TOMORROW Re-Release
Page 1 of 1