Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry

Go down 
+3
ResedaCountryClub
James B.
mikeinfla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Empty
PostSubject: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:28 pm

New song, sounds pretty good

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:06 am

Paul Stanley's secret lover. Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry 576953

I dig most of the Crown Of Thorns stuff

okay riff in the clip above (IMHDO)
He can sing way better than that though

Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Jean has always been a major talent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:44 am

Another new audio clip

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:41 am

I will be picking this up.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:53 am

Not bad. Never heard of 'em, but I dig the mohawk. Who are these guys?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:03 am

I like the sound of those. And I can't believe he still has the Mohawk.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not bad. Never heard of 'em, but I dig the mohawk. Who are these guys?

Jean was a member of the Plasmatics. This is the most "family friendly" pic i could find. He is on the far left.

Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Jean-302x275

And here is a more recent photo with Doro.

Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Doro_Gramercy-31

And he was in the band Crown Of Thorns
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Neat-o.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

http://beauvoirfree.com/about.html

Apparently, Free was a member of Shalamar. They were both in Crown Of Thorns. He was encouraged by Gene Simmons to join Shalamar. I find it interesting because the projects he's been involved in are nothing like Shalamar. I post the video below only to show the difference in styles.  If you can't handle the 80's R&B electro sound, fast forward to 2:40 in the video to see him play.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:26 pm

You should check out his main band, Crown of Thorns, MG. They're outstanding!

"The Rain" is one of my all-time favorite songs. So catchy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:37 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
http://beauvoirfree.com/about.html

Apparently, Free was a member of Shalamar. They were both in Crown Of Thorns. He was encouraged by Gene Simmons to join Shalamar. I find it interesting because the projects he's been involved in are nothing like Shalamar. I post the video below only to show the difference in styles.  If you can't handle the 80's R&B electro sound, fast forward to 2:40 in the video to see him play.

Holy crap! That song totally rips off Prince's "1999."
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:06 am

yeah, now that you mention it, it does have that 1999 vibe to it. It peaked at #17 on the Top 40 charts and is from Footloose but for the life of me I do not remember it in the movie or on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Hey, the dude who has a song on the Cobra soundtrack did a bunch of other stuff. Did not know that.

Definitely didn't know he was in The Plasmatics. Gonna have to look into other stuff, as I did "Feel the Heat."
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Looking at Discogs, he was also in that band Voodoo X, from the Shocker soundtrack. Never heard anything outside of that soundtrack though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:46 pm

I was always interested in that Voodoo X release because of the song on the Shocker soundtrack, but have never come across a copy.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:51 pm

007 wrote:
I was always interested in that Voodoo X release because of the song on the Shocker soundtrack, but have never come across a copy.

I'm listening to it on Spotify now. It's pretty good. Got a slightly harder rock sound to it than regular AOR/melodic stuff, I guess. The song from Shocker is a pretty good representation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry   Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beauvoir/Free - Angels Cry
Page 1 of 1